Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Advanced Turbo Element Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by HobieKopek

Vortech FMU (I don't even know what disc is in it at present, but I believe it's the 12:1 and that could be the reason I'm still going lean if the FP is having trouble keeping up)

i forget who, sorry this is very little info, but i believe someone was running 10:1 and was having trouble, i'm not positive, but that might be why 12:1 is causing you problems
Old Oct 22, 2003, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Bigger piping causes more boost ? I am running 2.5 inch piping (turbo back) and im having boost problems. im gonna try to put my stock CAT back on and im trying to get a stock down pipe also. if this doesnt work what do you guys think? i already changed the spring in my wastegate and changed the vacuum line from the wastegate to the turbo.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

i was going to the 2.5" until i heard about your problem, i really didnt think that could happen, before i go and blab my mouth how much of an over boost are you getting? and did you leave the wastegate as it came (around 5 psi)?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 06:47 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Larger exhaust piping can cause boost spikes. That's not my problem. I bet you could easily solve any overboost problems with something simple like a boost controller anyway. If that doesn't help, it may be something else.

If you read my registry entry it tells you all the piping on my car is custom made.

I think the intent of this thread was to discuss in depth, turbo questions though, not so much our individual setups.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

I am having turbo drawbacks... if i dont get in my car soon i am going to steal an evo or sti! does turbo do this to you guys !?! now if that isnt in depth turbo question i dont know what is
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Get a standalone. Then you'll pray for a rear end collision.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

ahahahahaaha
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by sdhotwn
A T3/4 are different in peak thermals and are capable of 25psi. Althought they are rated at only 348cfm without little tricks. They are capable of 500hp applications and tend to spool earlier than the Big T-28 if tricked out.
wait a minute i was under the impression that the T28 spools faster???
hmm
/boggle
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

it says it starts spooling earlier, that doesnt mean it spools faster, talk to andrew, he's the only one i know using the t3 right now, he would know about it, look at the charts he provided too, very helpful
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Theoretically they should start spooling at pretty much identical points on given the same circumstances (maybe every so slightly faster on teh T25 due to a miniscule overall reduction in rotating mass), but with the T28 you might see boost faster due to the larger compressor wheel. Truth be told I've never seen or looked for a chart for the T28 or T25. If anyone is interested enough to find them then we could easily do a side by side comparison.

Oh, and airlinevomitbag has a T3 setup, but I don't know if he's running presently. That and t3/t4's setup is a hybrid t3 so I guess you could half count him too.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.limitengineering.com/catalog.pdf

doesn't have the GT28 on there, but you might be able to compare with something that has similiar trim level and a/r housing

info for the gt28
TURBINE SPECS: T25 .64 A/R Turbine Housing 62 Trim Turbine COMPRESSOR SPECS: T3 .60 A/R Housing 60 Trim Wheel Compressor Flow: 31 LB/MIN

not sure how to compare, but it maybe useful to someone smarter
Old Oct 23, 2003, 12:07 PM
In Timeout

Got a T-25 boosting RRM kit

Originally posted by sdhotwn
From my understanding T25 is the next step down from the T28. I do not know what it's capabilities are and if it would fit the proper application as far as peak efficiency and cfm.

It isn't always about what the max psi that will be used is. Often a turbo is chosen solely on trying to match your standard running/racing boost level with the peak efficiency of the turbo compressor.
But I want this T-45...

It would be a waste with the Lancer, in my opinion.
A standard engine would explode and melt.
The car itself would disintegrate.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

i have the rrm kit and a wide band o2 with airfuel read out
and mine goes lean at 5 psi also, i have an upgraded fuel pump, aem ajustable fuel pressure regulator and vortech 12:1 fmu and apexi afc. i pulled off my fmu today and it runs about the same, it runs the same no matter how much fuel correction i put on my afc, i can put my fuel pressure to 60 psi with the aem unit and it doesnt help. i was going to switch injectors also but with hobie having 440 injectors and he is still having the exact same problem then i might wait. also my apexi avc shows injector duty cycle and it never comes close to 100% so the injectors arnt going full blast all the time anyway, could it be a m.a.s. problem? who knows
Old Oct 23, 2003, 01:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Rule out MAS. I don't have one.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? What wideband are you using?
Old Oct 23, 2003, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

yea i have a fuel pressure gauge and i am running the fjo wideband 02 www.fjoracing.com i posted pics of where its mounted and that stuff the other day in show and shine hows it working with out a mas? how does it know how much air is comin in?

Last edited by gokusupersaiyen; Oct 23, 2003 at 01:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Advanced Turbo Element Discussion