Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

2002 to 2006 Lancer Turbo's W/Automatics that tune their own ECU's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oil cooler would be dope. One on each side of the bumper vent.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that would be pretty sweet. Oil cooler on one side...Tranny cooler on the other. Its crazy how fast things can add up too when it comes to adding a turbo to our cars...Always seems like there is a legitimate mod we can add that will benefit our rides. So much I wanna do...lol. Its never ending and so addicting at the same time
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I havent done a oil cooler but it has crossed my mind .
The trans cooler deff helps out alot thought !
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 02-Lancer-Es
I havent done a oil cooler but it has crossed my mind .
The trans cooler deff helps out alot thought !
You running with a tranny cooler? Any particular brand? I looked at a couple at the auto parts stores around here. They aren't anything super special. But at the same time, if I'm gonna get one, I do wanna make sure I'm spending my money wisely. The product needs to be efficient for the money.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Look at the last pages of my thread. See if you like that option. It's unique if you ask me...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
Look at the last pages of my thread. See if you like that option. It's unique if you ask me...
Which thread specifically?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

My build thread.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Just found it
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Update..... I did a little messing around just in the shift values. Saw a little + in doing so. But that of course is only one portion of all what seems to be a lot more in there I can can be tested. I'm gonna slowly test every aspect of all the settings...Pressure/shift points and shift maps. Once I get it dialed in, I'll share pics with this as well showing what my map values had before I started and then pics of what the final result was. I'll give as much detail of course so anyone else that may be interested in fine tuning their auto tranny, will have as much as possible to try it out themselves.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a tranny cooler as well...ebay one.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

*****UPDATE***** So after going through the entire tanny portion of my rom, I noticed it had been really modded from what the base values of what the SD rom was preloaded with on the roms RS had uploaded for us. So I've started over and reset everyone of those values to what his rom had and will be working from there....Gotta say, already after setting the values back have improved, but still know it can be slightly improved depending on how you plan on running your car. Whether it be as a DD or on the Track. My main reason for doing this is, I want to keep it as a DD of course but plan on modifying it to run a B&M ratchet shifter and want it to shift instantly or within milliseconds of it anyway ....
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

So you'll see here, the above 2 pics are what I had in just my 1st to 2nd pressure map and 2nd to 1st duty cycle map. Those where the values I was trying to work with to start my testing, and were pulled of my rom before I even began looking into what I could do to make it better. Not sure why the values had been changed so drastically and put at 255 1/3rd across the map. I now know why when my car was cold it damn near jerked my tranny out from underneath me...lol The ones below are the base values in RS's Big Maps SD. SO setting it back to those seemed of course to be the best method to work out from. After doing so, I saw an instant improvement. No longer jerks when cold nor slips once warm, which it did on hot days after the car was at full temps......I'll fill in more throughout the week and to this weekend as I see what the results are Now its time to get some results building it from what I would consider the beginning

Last edited by Grind3r; Sep 5, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Looking for an original copy of a 2002-2003 automatic lancer hex file if anyone has one. Not sure if the 2004-2006 are the same, but one of those might work as well. I never had a chance to get a copy of mine since I had mine tuned before getting my tactrix cable. Wanna compare the tranny values to the big maps files RS got setup for us. if you do, you can email it to me. PM me if have one..... THX in advance

Last edited by Grind3r; Oct 6, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: removed email address...thx jake :)
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should be careful with your e-mail on the internet Just have them PM you for it.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

didnt even yhink about that, lol thx

Quick Reply: 2002 to 2006 Lancer Turbo's W/Automatics that tune their own ECU's