Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

'03 4G94 ES supercharger?

Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 4G94 ES supercharger?

Hey, recently acquired a '03 base model lancer, in rather decent condition. I know there's a lot of non-evo lancers that are turbocharged, but what about supercharging? I tend to stay away from the beaten path when I mess with a car, so I'm curious. Not worried about being the fastest, just trying to have some fun. Wondering if there's a reason that I don't see any supercharged lancers, or if it's even an option? Also, how about messing with the cams and heads on the SOHC 4G94? I like the stroke on the engine, but I feel like porting it out would be a feasible idea. If I'm in the wrong section, just move the thread wherever it goes, thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, there's a reason you don't see super charged Lancers. Because what's the point? I mean yeah, it can work but super charging benefits are better suited for larger displacement engines. Not too many members went that route and the ones who did,...well where are they? You'd have no support outside of whatever shop you pay to put together a kit for you and you'll be at their whim.

But turbo? Welll look around... yeah this part of town is about dead but there's been so many documented threads, a couple of old heads still pop up to offer advice, and sourcing parts is super easy.

If it's not broken don't try and fix it. List out the pros for you to explore super charging over turbo. You'd be "unique". Okay? What else?

Turbo; parts, help, simplicity. We literally have all aspects of this to a science. Your method will leave you more or less on your own.

We can guide you to build a reliable turbo lancer for around 1800 with countless topics relating to just about any problem that could occur with it. Can you say that with super charging?