Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

in door neons?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2003, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be careful if you etch the windows, they are tempered glass and can break with the slightest scratch or nick, I've worked with glass for a few years and have seen tempered glass explode with the slightest nick. One time I slammed the door on my truck and just doing that caused my window to explode
Old Mar 23, 2003, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by cupOZnj

even ifyou have transparent speakers, how is the light going to get through the dense speaker grill? it would be very dim. plus there might not be a whole lot of clearance behind the speakers to let the window roll down.
well, if you use the factory grilles, it does look a bit dimmer, but it still shines throught very well... I used big dome light bulb behind each one with a dense gril and it showed fine. If you decide on using the grilles the speakers came with, they are actually transparent, so it will shine through a lot better.
Attached Thumbnails in door neons?-h023tsx652.jpg  
Old Mar 23, 2003, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

u cant use those on the doors nor can u use it in rears unless u want it 2 look ghetto
Old Mar 24, 2003, 02:04 PM

I tried

Before i tried the same thing to but the neon light behind the door panels, but it didn't work that well so i decide to put them under the seat, it looks very nice at night, how about that??
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

i'm scrapping the in door idea. well....maybe not. i might move one from under the seat to inside the door when i'm putting the panel on just to see what it looks like. i'm content with the 4 neons i have.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 12:59 PM

if I etched the glass, I was going to switch to plexi or something anyways. legal in TX, looks the same, and pretty much doens't shatter. and it's perfectly legal to etch your glass BTW, the dealerships all do it to newer cars.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 03:51 PM

All this crap!!!

If you want to use lighting in an area that might be restrictive use high output LED's! They will give you the same effect, more efficient and not transformer noise possibly radiating into the signal!! Check out www.xtremeLED.com