Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

need a wiring diagram before im commited to a mental institution

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a wiring diagram before im commited to a mental institution

ok heres the deal
i have a clarion dxz46mp hu with 3 pairs of rca leads
a 12 inch kenwood subwoofer attacted to a coustics amp with a single pair of rca plugs
a pair of 3 way jvc 6.5 speakers for the rear and 6.0 for the front
and a coustics amp with 2 pairs of rcas

i want to naturally run the subby of the small amp and the 2 pairs of jvcs from the larger amp
so before i blow the crap outta my eardrums and elecrocute myself could someone give me a wiring diagram and some tips for which side i run the cables cos ive heard running wires close to the rcas cause disturbance in the force
cheers to anyone who can help
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Use the owners manuals as reference for starters...
Old Jan 25, 2006, 03:07 PM

forgot 2 mention i have lost th hu manual, i know how to power the amps but do i send the signal to the interior speakers directly from the amp or from the hu.
i know i plug the rca from the hu to the amp but does it then send the signal from the amp to the speakers or do i use the existing wires from the hu to the interior speakers
Old Jan 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Well, plug up the three sets of RCA's into the HU. Make sure to get the Sub amp set to the proper set on the HU. The line out speaker wire go from the amp to the actual speaker it's going to be powering. Consult Coustic's website for proper settings for your amps...crossovers, etc. Help this gets you on your way!

BTW, your RCA's should be "shielded" so it shouldn't give you any interference. Don't use Radio Shack quality RCA's. Use something shielded like my Monster Cable; it works great. Channel the wire down through under the passenger side plastic.

Good luck...
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:00 AM

well all that infos all good, will do the rear speakers first cos there closer and easier to get to, hopefully ill have things pumping by saturday and ill let you know if i can still hear properly,oh and before i forget, is coustic audio a good brand for amps?
cos im getting another amp soon to run 2 12s instead of 1
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Coustic, personally I'd say no... But to each person there own! But having 2 different amps running the subs isn't necessarily best. Having 3 or 4 amps draw power from our weak *** Lancer alt and batt will probably create a problem.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
instead of getting 2 amps, 2 different amps, for the 2 subs why dont you jst get a larger amp that can handle the load better, say a mono block D class ...
Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:47 PM

roflmao
must not have made sense in my last post so ill try again
i currently run 1 amp for 1 12inch subby and 1 amp to run the interior speakers
i want to run 2 12inch subs on the 1 amp so i was gunna bin the old coustic amp and get a bigger coustic amp 2 run the 2 subbs.
oh and how the fark do i wire my interior speakers to the amp
i have 1 signal(rca) for the rear and 1 signal (rca) for the front but only 2 pairs of positive/negative sockets to feed to my speakers. i know i have to pair rears together and front together but do i wire them paralell or in series?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

for the interior speakers, I personally would run the output of that amp up to the wiring harness in the dash, and connect it through that to the speakers. That way when/if you need to take your system out and go back to stock, it will be easier.

I am going to be running one amp for my sub (already installed), and an EQ and amp for my fronts (awaiting install, and I have no rear speakers). My RCA's run down the middle of the car, and any 12V or speaker-level wiring goes down the driver side.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:15 AM

ok im going mad now
i wired everything up double checking for loose connections and phases match but its not 100% right

i have the front and rear interior speakers patched into my 4 channel amp and yet when i run it i only get full sound to the fronts. i get a tiny amount of sound out of the rears but stuff all. i have attached a wiring diagram of what ive done but im all out of ideas as to what is causing this.
ive also got a button on my 4 channel amp which can change from 4 channel to 2 channel but i have made sure its set to 4.
Attached Thumbnails need a wiring diagram before im commited to a mental institution-diagram-1.bmp   need a wiring diagram before im commited to a mental institution-diagram-2.bmp  
Old Jan 28, 2006, 07:54 PM

ok to attempt to solve the problem i have the rca powering the front interior speakers with a splitter, 1 female to 2 male and connected that to my rear rca on the amp to guarantee i have a signal, but still no sound from the rear speakers???
the amps/ speakers and hu are all brand spanking new so i going nutso cos i cant figure out whats wrong.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 09:04 PM

ok just to update i have now blown my frotn 200w jvc speakers, they crackle and sputter every time the is even the smallest hint of a bass note.so ill venture on buying new speakers and maybe a whole new setup and getting it installed by them.im rather pissed about the whole thing but im guessing cos i was only running 2 speakers on the 4 chanel amp somewhere along the way i got more than 200w rms and the speakers didnt like it too much.
its funny though cos my rear jvcs which r still working sounded better than the ones off the amp when it was all setup and they were just puged int the hu.
hope the next time i post for help i will get some before i blow sumthin up