Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10w7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoL. One, I had the 12W7 before anyone else I also blew up the 12W7 before anyone else 2 months after purchase it was destroyed, I believe I told Z about it long time ago. Also I will be running 3 10W7s I just threw this one in as a tester because I wasn't sure about the performance. I have to say I'm fairly impressed. No 2 10W3s do not equal 1 10W7; as for power delivery mine is on my trusty 500/1 JL Amp, which never lets me down, and you've gotta love the bass boost at 30hz. I will take a picture of the small wonder tomorrow. Two, JL AUDIO products are not overrated(they're just overpriced). If you had a lack of performance in a JL sub I would attribute that to your own ignorance in tuning and installition.

Last edited by 2wdSQL; Apr 21, 2003 at 11:47 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 2wdSQL
Two, JL AUDIO products are not overrated(they're just overpriced). If you had a lack of performance in a JL sub I would attribute that to your own ignorance in tuning and installition.
they are good subs, but not "suck-your-dick" fantastic. never had lack of performance, they are good quality...but there are better subs out there. people don't seem to mention those other brands though, all anyone ever mentions is JL subs. making them overrated, by definition. i also agree that they are overpriced.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

I dunno about suck your dick good, but I would say they're drop your fat girlfriend good Yes there are better products out there but they also come at better(higher) prices, and I would say they do not offer the overall performance that JL subs do. Good subs are Adire Audio Resonant Engineering Image Dynamics Focal Scan-Speak JL Audio Boston Acoustics Eclipse Audio DD Audio...although I would say that some of these other woofers are more specialized in SPL or Sound Quality applications than JL Eclipse or Boston.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Plus the W7 subwoofer is just damn cool period. Overoll surroud kicks ***
Old Apr 22, 2003, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

you did not mention polk
Old Apr 22, 2003, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Polk sucks lol. Well I guess they're ok I will mention this to you though if you can get them at your chain retail electronics store more than likely the product is crappy.