Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2010 Lancer ES - Adding Satellite Module #8701A219

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Lancer ES - Adding Satellite Module #8701A219

Hello there everyone. I just picked up my 2010 Lancer ES two weeks ago tomorrow and am LOVING it so far! However, I need to get my Howard Stern fix and unfortunately, my car didn't come with satellite radio. I have been doing extensive research for the past two weeks to see if I can buy the Mitsubishi satellite module and add it to my car with minimal hassle. All signs pointed to yes when multiple Mitsubishi sources (2 dealers, mitsubishiparts.net) told me my car was compatible with this part#8701A219 and then I saw a tutorial on this message board about how to install, looked super easy.

Fast forward to today. I got my module, go to my car and the two harness' which are taped together and the only free ones behind my glove box, believe it or not... neither one fit. I looked more closely at pictures and now I'm not sure if those harness' are there at all. Its puzzling to me since I've specified with the trim and even in one case my VIN and I was told it was compatible yet there is not a harness that fits into the module behind the glove box. I was really hoping someone can save my day (possible next few days) and give me any kind of pointers, advice, suggestions, etc. to try and figure this out. I'll include two pictures of behind my glove box for you to all gander it.

Thanks in advance for the help guys,