Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Visor TVs??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2002, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visor TVs??

I've seen these 5" LCD screens on ebay for a while now and since I have a PSone just laying around I thought I'd give it a whirl and install one in my car (when I get it). I know it's gonna be super ghetto but it's my car damnit!!!

Anyway, any suggestions of small tweeters I could easily mount in/on the visor or am I just dreaming?
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:49 AM

I don't think it would be that ghetto at all. I have no idea about the tweeters, but if you do put one of those little LCD screens in, you gotta post some pics.

Would you be able to hide the PSone well, or would it have to be laying on the floor.

I was watching cribs on MTV and a lot of Celebrities have game consoles in their car, but thiers are put in professionally and are hidden very well, so that only the controllers come out of either the dashboard or the back of the seats.

What you could do is put the PSone in the trunk, and get some long controller extenders

Good luck though, hope it turns out well. And POST some PICS when it's done.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Eesh...tweeters in the visor along with the display? That strikes me as askign a bit to much but hey, with enough green it's all possible. Something you may want to consider is getting tweeters installed on the door panel near the handle (similar to the MB Quarts in my pop's car) or perhaps on the dash towards the extremities.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

I just figured tweeters in the visor would be better than routing it through the whole audio system. Maybe headphones...but that would be kinda awkward.

I think I'm only going to run Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo on the console, so maybe in the glove box??? I don't know if it'll fit though.

Maybe I should just buy the car then try planning this stuff.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

Planning always good but a word of warning about headphones is that (at least here) they're illegal to wear while the car is in motion since it's a distraction. Luckily they haven't passed a cell phone law about that...yet.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

There was a guy out of the three lancers that showed at HIN that had custom tweeters on the inside of the doors at the front corner of the windows... Like on the inside of the mirrors, ya know... Looked pretty good. Course, he had other EXTENSIVE AV mods that were unbelievably sweet.