2011 Lancer ES Stock CD to MMCS upgrade - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2011 Lancer ES Stock CD to MMCS upgrade

Old May 14, 2018, 01:19 PM

2011 Lancer ES Stock CD to MMCS upgrade

Hello Everyone. First time posting even though I have been reading this forum as a guest for years.

I have a 2011 Lancer ES with the factory CD Player/stereo system, non NAVI. I just found a used MMCS unit that I am thinking of purchasing as an upgrade to the original system.

I did notice when I had my dash torn apart recently that my car came with some of the additional harness connections required for the that only have a little to do with the MMCS system, but it was just taped up out of the way inside the dash.

My steering wheel of course has those buttons for controlling the bluetooth/handsfree. From every source I have checked (many within this forum), the MMCS unit is compatible with my car. I am aware I will need to purchase the Install Kit to replace the single DIN system currently in place, as well as the Bluetooth Module (If Needed), and GPS Antenna. I am unsure of whether or not this MMCS is bluetooth compatible and am also unsure which install kit to purchase.

Edit: What a joy it is to learn that there is zero parts commonality between the Single CD head unit wiring connections and the MMCS head unit. I was really hoping to avoid purchasing the harness that accompanies the install kit. Especially since the kit itself is so obscenely overpriced.

8750A238 MMCS (N-05 Head Unit) $260
8750A225 Lancer CAN Interface Module $68
8701A168 MMCS mounting bracket $22.88 (Edit add)
8755A055 Wiring conversion Harness $24.53 (Edit add)
8751A011 GPS Antenna $80
OR
8751A098 GPS Antenna
OR
8751A041 GPS Antenna
Dash Install Kit Part #MZ360344EX
(Debating on this. If I buy the kit I am essentially spending $400 on a piece of molded plastic that is available aftermarket for $30. Seems excessive)

Most of the installation process is fairly straight forward. I am just trying to see if there are any common pitfalls others have encountered that I may have missed.
Any advice is appreciated. Once I have all the parts in hand I will update this with install details.

Also, what functions are the CAN module necessary for?

Last edited by Goldir; May 19, 2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Added CAN module and part numbers for GPS

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.