Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

hard drive question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hard drive question

I'm getting the pioneer avic-n1 in-dash monitor, and i want to know if there's any way to hook up a external hard drive to it. My friend has the AVH-p7500 and he has an x-box that's been modified with a 120gig hard drivehooked up to it. He's got albums, dvd's, games, music videos and tons of cool stuff loaded onto it, and never needs to touch one cd or dvd. His setup is really cool, but i was wondering if there's anyway, either by wiring or purchasing additional hardware, to get this same outcome but without the x-box. Any help will really help me out, Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer makes (Your lucky day) a 10 gig hard drive head unit, the DEH P90HDD, you could use this in conjuction with your AVIC n1 if you wanted to,, the BEST way to run a hard drive in your car is use the AUX input on the AVIC N1 and hook up a portable MP3 player, like an I pod or a RIO karma or the new Sony unit. These all work really well too!!

If you have not bought your AVIC n1 yet, PM me, I am a Pioneer Dealer!!!