Notices

My 2010 Lancer Gts Cvt Modding List

Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the link to the RPW Pulley... http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...emart&Itemid=1
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coriggs
I haven't heard of the RPW pulley, but I'll look into this now that you said it. Someone mentioned to me that putting an aftermarket crankshaft pulley in my car would through the balance off, but I figured that if the product was being sold and I had seen a lot of people online who have purchased and installed it (and that it was supposedly precisely CNC machined) that it would have no inherent problems, but I guess I was wrong.
my point exactly, i heard lots of bad thing and good things about the pulley. Is it really that bad? People who said they throw your car off balance, have you tried it and experienced it yourself or are you just saying it cause you hate rrm. No offense, i thank all of you guys who are helping me and others choose their mods. But i just wanted to hear from people who bought the rrm pulley. To the person who said why waste money, well, cause its a hobby.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

False. The difference between the 09 and the 10 is the FED/PZEV engines. 09 gets the 168hp while the 10 gets 161hp.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Defcon5Es
False. The difference between the 09 and the 10 is the FED/PZEV engines. 09 gets the 168hp while the 10 gets 161hp.
that is soooooooooooooooo annoying to know. SAD FACE
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
Intake and exhaust don't matter - just pick one in your price range and install it - they're not much more than noise makers. A pulley and a Sprint Booster just make the throttle more responsive, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but don't expect any additional power from them. The RRM pulley is a precision CNC machined part and is very nice quality, so that's a good choice. You will get more noise & vibration after installing it, however, since it's not harmonically dampened like the OEM pulley. Don't ignore suspension components either - a go fast car doesn't mean much if it can't be controlled.
When you say "it will get more noise & vibration after installing it, however, since it's not harmonically dampened like the OEM pulley," can you explain a little more? Does the pulley cause the vehicle to sound abnormal, clicky, or some other unusual noise? I wish I could witness what your talking about. I don't know anyone in my area that owns a Lancer with the Pulley from RRM. How can vibration be a good thing? I appreciate your feedback.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Ive only read of 1 person who had problems with the rrm pulley. The rpw does look good too though.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
My last piece of advice is this: IF you're saving 5Gs for a turbo, just take that money and buy a project car: you can learn on it (you said you're new to cars)...you can do whatever you want to it with no real consequences...you're not making payments on it...you don't have to rely on it to get to work, etc. A Protege or an older Lancer can be found for around that price point and they have epic amounts of after-market support...they're the blank canvases of the automotive world.
+1

Be careful with your daily driver...especially if you still owe on it.

Also, one of the best ways to make your car faster is light wheels and good tires. You could easily drop 5 lbs a corner, which will help acceleration, braking, ride quality, fuel mileage...pretty much everything about how your car drives. It's the fastest way to transform the character of your car.

Be careful with lowering springs...often times you will not have much suspension travel left for bumps, which can damage the shocks and wreak havoc on your handling. Also, the higher spring rates tend to accelerate wear on your shocks.

Last, big power + CVT = new transmission (sooner or later).
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:49 PM

UPDATE:

I have calmed myself down and no i wont be getting the turbo.
but this is what i got so far:

Greddy se
Works p1 flash
RRM pulley
Injen Sri

Future:

Rims (enkei EKM3, not sure what color. What do you guys think will look better on a apex silver, gun metal or satin silver?)
Seibon Oem evo hood.
Angel Eyes
Lowering the car with sportsline this week end.
Also talked to the folks at works and currently on the beta wait list to test out the cams for 4b12.

After installing these P Mods, the gts seriously feels awesome. In sports mode i have a lot a lot of fun around curvy mountain roads. My friends SI has a very hard time keeping up with my "NEW" lancer.

Once again, thanks yall for all the help.

ps. the rrm pulley is fine, i talked to rrm and they told me there wont be any problem at all. the reason errbody is skerred is because of one or two cases of oil leak that happened 3 years ago. Anyways, i find it fine even though im not a big rrm fan, but this pulley looked great and works like charm.

Happy pre Valentines day, dont spend too much time on the car, spend some time with yah wives or try to get laid. Peace
Old Feb 9, 2011, 04:26 AM

Those are nice looking wheels! My vote is for silver (gunmetal on the top, silver on the bottom).
Attached Thumbnails My 2010 Lancer Gts Cvt Modding List-lancer_wheels.jpg  
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:52 PM

yeh but they're gona be a pain to keep clean. im ordering em soon
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:56 AM

just a little update!

current mod list

Performance:
-greddy se
-rrm pulley(its fine dude, nothing wrong with it.)
-injen sri
-Works flash

-Waiting for works cam
-waiting for headers other than rrm

Exterior:
-Di noc cf roof
-hl2 front lip
-hl rear lip
-Weds SA55M BBM (waiting for friend to bring it to me from japan)
-DD wheels are XXR 527 wrapped with hankooks
-Black out front (obviously)
-BC coilover
-Seibon CW style hood
-X eyelids
-8000k HID with jRox drl bypass

Interior:
-Momo shift knob
-Blue footwell lights
-2 12" type r subs
-alpine amps
-Polk speakers
-pioneer double din head unit (forgot the model number.)
-JDM air refresher (the blue one of course )
Old Apr 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

pulley is not going to help a bit i installed it on my lancer and nothing , ill say get a cai , or buy a plastic hose and run it from the foglight hole to the sri to get colder air , coilover are a beauty , very nice (got them ) worth the money believe, as for the turbo rrm is nice but expensive , look around and read as much as u can before wasting money believe me i have the car since 07 and theres some stuff that i regret buying also (my recomendation) is get straigh with ur self and see what u want to do , performance mods (lotz of fun) or looks , is really hard to go both ways , in my case i started with looks and now i turned to performance and i feel so much happy this way , but if u go both ways( unless u had the green) it wil be a long road .... btw welcome brothe enjoy ur lancer
Old Apr 30, 2011, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by villero1834
pulley is not going to help a bit i installed it on my lancer and nothing , ill say get a cai , or buy a plastic hose and run it from the foglight hole to the sri to get colder air , coilover are a beauty , very nice (got them ) worth the money believe, as for the turbo rrm is nice but expensive , look around and read as much as u can before wasting money believe me i have the car since 07 and theres some stuff that i regret buying also (my recomendation) is get straigh with ur self and see what u want to do , performance mods (lotz of fun) or looks , is really hard to go both ways , in my case i started with looks and now i turned to performance and i feel so much happy this way , but if u go both ways( unless u had the green) it wil be a long road .... btw welcome brothe enjoy ur lancer
that was what i was thinking a year ago, now my car is totally different from what i thought it could be a year ago. coil is a beauty but just gonna wait till my shocks blow on my sportline springs. rrm turbo is a joke on cvt at least, not reliable i know. not a fan of cai, very rainy here and i dont wana spend more to get a hydro shield. sri is good enough for dd. handling is my next goal. read the post above you, i updated my list ;D
Old May 2, 2011, 09:02 PM

I don't know if anyones said this but you can't turbocharge the CVT transmission. you can turbo the manuel but rrm tried to make a turbo for the cvt and the transmission just can't handle it. I emailed one of the guys from RRM just this week wondering if they had a turbo CVT. this was his response.

"As for turbo, we have done a CVT one but the transmission will not take the power on CVt. Only way it has worked is running very low boost so if you want a running kit for show or a low power boost it will work but I would stick to all of our N/A stuff if you really want to drive hard. IT all works great too. Thanks RRM"
Old May 3, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Should have gone with the RPW pulley, much better product than RRM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2010 Lancer Gts Cvt Modding List