Notices

How I solved my P0300 code...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How I solved my P0300 code...

I've done lots of searching in the forums and have found a bunch of random information ranging from "this is typical for our cars, ignore it" to "i deleted this from my ecu, but never solved it" to "it could be vibrations in your transmission setting this off". I thought none of this sounded right. I mean, if you have an issue you don't just delete the code so it doesn't alert you anymore...you troubleshoot!

Well, this ended up happening to me off and on for a few months...it would throw a SES light, or sometimes it would just be a pending code for a while and never trip the light. SO, i began to troubleshoot. My mods at this point were a 501 MAF, 4g93 head and cam, 2.5" CAI, header, 2.25 exhaust, etc. I had also replaced over the last year just about every vacuum line with silicone replacements.

I also replaced both transmission sensors (output and input) as I had one go bad, and thought maybe this code was indeed related to the tranny...not so in this case, unfortunately .

First thing I did was to replace my plugs, wires, and coils (as I have almost 200k in mileage, I figured they were about at the end of their duty cycle for the coils). This seemed to make the problem worse. I figured the next step was injectors, cam position sensor, and lastly maybe the fuel pressure regulator. I bought a set of injectors off of ebay and was saving up to get them cleaned and flow tested.

I also had just bought a 4g93 valve cover, new pcv valve, and new bolts for it and the coilpacks to dress up the engine compartment. Had it powdercoated, and while I was installing it noticed I had a kinked vacuum line under the fuel rail, which I fixed.

While I did this, I also took out the cam position sensor and wiped all the gunky oil accumulation off of it and reinstalled it.

I have not had this code thrown or pending since, and have put 500miles on the car. I don't know if it was a combination of the pinched vacuum, bad pcv valve, or a gunky sensor...but after replacing everything and readjusting my IACV in SAS mode in Evoscan 2.5 everything runs super smooth.

I still plan on doing the injectors just to make me feel better...but I wanted to share my experience. Felt it was better than "just ignore it".

Last edited by jwick76; Nov 20, 2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: forgot details