Notices

lancer oz rally tuning

Old Feb 26, 2018, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lancer oz rally tuning

so m very much a nood to tuning and i have a 2006 mitsubishi lancer oz rally manual recently i been trying to get into ecu reflashing and remapping i been trying to learn ecuflash but i find it very hard to find definitions for my car being for some reason base model lancer roms are hard to come by. so i have alot of question some probably have been answerd and others might not so im asking

is there is a place to find this exact year base model ecu rom thats not just an xml?
and
i cant view just xml in ecuflash is that normal or not cause i can only find xml files for this?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Good luck finding a stock 06 OZ map man....doubt anyone ever made a definition for that and that's probably the reason why people dont tune stock lancers. When your car is boosted you can use an Evo 9 rom just like i did but otherwise i wouldn't
Old Mar 11, 2018, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by marcouxa1
Good luck finding a stock 06 OZ map man....doubt anyone ever made a definition for that and that's probably the reason why people dont tune stock lancers. When your car is boosted you can use an Evo 9 rom just like i did but otherwise i wouldn't
I have an 06 lancer es definition not sure if thatll work or how to get one if it doesn't .what type of mods we talking before i could use an evos and would that work if i didnt plan on turbocharging the car mostly on price
Old Apr 17, 2018, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ryubishi
I have an 06 lancer es definition not sure if thatll work or how to get one if it doesn't .what type of mods we talking before i could use an evos and would that work if i didnt plan on turbocharging the car mostly on price
I know this is about a month old, but... The ES definition will likely work place the file in the definition folder indicated in ECUFlash and load up your ROM. It will choose that definition on its own if it will work. I say it will likely work, because I know my ROM info claims my OZ is an ES, let's face it, they are pretty much the same minus an appearance package and a rear sway bar. Just make sure the definition file matches your transmission type and you should be golden.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 07:46 PM

If your looking for a tuner I have a guy who is tuning my 02 Lancer and soon 03 Lancer. Great tuner and you dont need to be there.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by RobGinSki
If your looking for a tuner I have a guy who is tuning my 02 Lancer and soon 03 Lancer. Great tuner and you dont need to be there.
sounds interesting but howd you tune a car that's not there
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:13 AM

sounds interesting but howd you tune a car that's not there
You still need evoscan, laptop, ECUFlash
But you send him your stock ROM he will adjust it.
Then you datalog it save ROM send to him and repeat the process.
He will tell you what kind of pulls he needs, how fast he will need you to go.
Its a process because your having to go back and forth but beats having to find a shop to tune these not many will at least I couldn't find anybody in Chicago.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 01:54 PM

You still need evoscan, laptop, ECUFlash
But you send him your stock ROM he will adjust it.
Then you datalog it save ROM send to him and repeat the process.
He will tell you what kind of pulls he needs, how fast he will need you to go.
Its a process because your having to go back and forth but beats having to find a shop to tune these not many will at least I couldn't find anybody in Chicago.
yeah I the only ones I found here work with muscle cars or german cars the others I found never got back to me. But that sounds pretty good how much he charge
Old Oct 9, 2018, 09:11 AM

Believe he only charges $200 total
His facebook page is this
https://www.facebook.com/NEmotionstunes/
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:01 AM

yeah I the only ones I found here work with muscle cars or german cars the others I found never got back to me. But that sounds pretty good how much he charge
Ryubishi. There’s plenty of options you can go with that is minimal but functional when it comes to the base lancer. Yes you can load an evo rom to your current ecu or if you want the parameters as an evo such as two step and such you can actually swap to an evo ecu of course it has to be rewritten which isn’t hard at all. There is a full thread on it on how to do it. Now you couldn’t use an Evo 9 rom because it would utilize MIVEC. You would use an evo 8 rom. If your running the 4g94 motor.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by XLancer06X

Ryubishi. There’s plenty of options you can go with that is minimal but functional when it comes to the base lancer. Yes you can load an evo rom to your current ecu or if you want the parameters as an evo such as two step and such you can actually swap to an evo ecu of course it has to be rewritten which isn’t hard at all. There is a full thread on it on how to do it. Now you couldn’t use an Evo 9 rom because it would utilize MIVEC. You would use an evo 8 rom. If your running the 4g94 motor.
really? I heard of running a evo tune if you have a turbo but do you have a link to those forums
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:51 PM

Believe he only charges $200 total
His facebook page is this
https://www.facebook.com/NEmotionstunes/
ill check him out do you know if i can talk with him through messenger
Old Oct 9, 2018, 02:26 PM

ill check him out do you know if i can talk with him through messenger
yes he can speak to you over messenger. And as far as the tune. It’s your engine specific tune not necessarily an “evo tune” your just able to swap over Roms and you can do the evo ecu swap you just have to take some parameters out of the rom so it doesn’t read stock evo stuff give me a few and I’ll look for the link this was back in 2010 they found this out.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by XLancer06X

yes he can speak to you over messenger. And as far as the tune. It’s your engine specific tune not necessarily an “evo tune” your just able to swap over Roms and you can do the evo ecu swap you just have to take some parameters out of the rom so it doesn’t read stock evo stuff give me a few and I’ll look for the link this was back in 2010 they found this out.
oh alright thanks
Old Oct 12, 2018, 07:12 AM

oh alright thanks
Ryubishi if you haven’t messaged him yet he’s an old lancer guru so any tuning questions you have I’m sure he can give you the answer to off hand

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lancer oz rally tuning