Notices

Turbo Tuning 2014 ES MT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Turbo Tuning 2014 ES MT

I'm having some trouble tuning my 2014 ES manual after I installed a custom turbo kit (once the tuning is done I'll make a built thread for it). I installed a 3Bar MAP sensor, but did not modify injectors, MAF diameter, spark plugs, or anything that is not directly related to physically installing the turbo.

Thanks to jajk and others in the N/A ROM tuning thread, I'm able to read the maps for my ecu. The ROM and definition file I'm using are attached. I modified the 5940005 definition file in that tuning thread, added tables for MAF scaling, and modified the torque limit tables.

I would go into limp mode with a P061A DTC before I modified the torque limit tables. Now I am just getting 16+ AFR readings on the wideband O2 gauge when I step on the gas and start accelerating. When cruising it goes back down to normal values.

What do I need to modify in the stock ROM to get AFR back under control and get a safe turbo setup? I haven't been able to find an N/A to turbo tuning guide anywhere other than to flash an evo x gsr ROM on it. I tried that and the car wouldn't start with a crankshaft position sensor DTC.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
5940006.zip (741.2 KB, 0 views)