Notices

basic programming recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
basic programming recommendations

New to Lancers not to vehicles. I'm making repairs to a 2012 Lancer GT, manual trans, keyless entry etc. diagnostics are pointing to a bad circuit on ECM, I know that if I replace ECM I'm going to have to be able to code in VIN and ETACS, What i have researched is that MUTiii is somewhat of a given
the question which has probably been answered somewhere in this forum previously is
1. will a tactrix 2.0 work as an interface with the 2012, most of what I have found shows tactrix 2.0 ending with the 2008 models.
2. If tactrix 2.0 wont work is there a setup computer cable style or scanner that will allow that level of programming and possible minor mods less than $200? I can get access to mut3 if needed.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 09:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes it will interface with a 2012. now as far as writing the vin in, I don't think it can. the tactrix 2.0 is more for ecu tuning. but I could be wrong. But it will interface with a 2012.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts
Street325 The OP2.0 can write to Etacs and write VIN to ecu using the appropriate software.
Explain what faults you are seeing and someone might help you out......it is pretty rare for an ecu to go faulty (without human assistance) even though an awful lot of mechanics are quick to blame it and replace it only to discover it was not faulty in the first place.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what software would one need to do that jajk? I have two ECUs. I want to use one to find out what flashes I have that will brick and what ones are good it would be nice to flash with one and test with the other. thanks for any info you may have.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Mitsubishi PassThruCAN which is available in the evox side of the forum somewhere will write VINs to ecu using the Openport2.0.
MMCodingWriter will also do the job.
A failed flash does not lead to a bricked ecu - a bench flash will recover it. It takes more finger poking to make a permanent brick
Old Jun 25, 2019, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecm failure

Picked up this 2012 lancer GT in an insurance auction, previous owner had hooked up sub amp (+) direct to battery with no fuse and (-) direct to Alternator, something went south (go figure) and over charged battery (overheated), battery exploded acid /heat melted down all insulators on all of (+) battery wiring and all other harness wires including the MAF wiring. all of that was shorted. Everything has been repaired/replaced, from a 2011 wrecked donor lancer that was already available. The only remaining error I have is p0113 which puts vehicle in failsafe mode, I have done all the ohm/voltage testing from service manuals and I am getting bleed through of 5 volts from the ECM where there should be no voltage but a ground, So most likely when the 12 volt battery leads contacted the MAF wiring that goes to ECM something fried. I do have an ECM from donor vehicle. and should be able using tactrix and MUTiii program other ecm to get around ETACS shut down that i am receiving when you just plug in the other ecm, currently.

damage prior to work for reference

Last edited by Street325; Jun 25, 2019 at 10:47 AM. Reason: added repaired photo
Old Jun 25, 2019, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

"P0113 Intake air temperature circuit high input" which is part of the MAF sensor wiring externally. I expect "high input" means it is seeing an open circuit or resistance beyond plausible range. Maybe damage to the components where the IAT signal enters the ecu. You need a tame electronics geek to check out the protection components on the IAT sensor input to recover that ecu
The following users liked this post:
Street325 (Jun 26, 2019)