Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

buschur racing exhaust ??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2003, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.5 piping seems too big
Old Jan 18, 2003, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sten
like I said I'm just waiting for my stocks or my taxes which ever come first and I"ll be picking this up. I hope to god they can still send me one :\ So that makes like 4 or 5 of us just in this thread that would want one.

As soon as I get my Tax stuff and know when I'm getting that back I'm gonna hard core call Buschur and tell them to get their *** on these forums.. It's not like free advertisement and feedback is a bad thing!

Buschur don't let us down!!
You are now officially appointed as our POC for the Buschur exhaust. Haha...please call them on Tuesday and ask if enough forum members want the exhaust, are they willing to make them?? I'd call them myself but I dont have a phone. I'm also waiting on my taxes, I pray to God that I get it ASAP. I want an exhaust system and new wheels.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2.5 is too big, even for turbo setup. Had a couple guys complain about loss of torque at 2.5 inches. I don't know if they were custom or if Busher is 2.5 too. If it is not 2.5 go that way for catback. If it is 2.5, don't waste money!

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Jan 18, 2003, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

does anybody know what the real piping diameter is??
Old Jan 18, 2003, 12:41 PM

hey hobie, have you experienced any power loss from 2.5 inch tubing?
Old Jan 18, 2003, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

I will call them this week and find out more. I don't mind being a POC. I should know later this week how much I should be getting back from the Gov so I can just pull the cash out of savings first and replace it later if I have to. :P

I'll keep posting here. I should get some time to call them middle to later this week (Days off)
Old Jan 18, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

hey rock, i dont understand why you guys haven't finished producing the rest of your catback . . . i know that alot of people would purchase it since alot already have your axle-back . . . why not just produce it? buschur seems to be the only true cat-back and now they are thinking of discontinuing it .. . why not step up and help us out with that . . . alot of people purchased your axle-back with the anticipation that you would come out with the rest of your cat-back (like you stated on your webpage) . . . why not provide us with the rest?
Old Jan 18, 2003, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by SWIFT1
hey rock, i dont understand why you guys haven't finished producing the rest of your catback . . . i know that alot of people would purchase it since alot already have your axle-back . . . why not just produce it? buschur seems to be the only true cat-back and now they are thinking of discontinuing it .. . why not step up and help us out with that . . . alot of people purchased your axle-back with the anticipation that you would come out with the rest of your cat-back (like you stated on your webpage) . . . why not provide us with the rest?
I second that. I would like to get the full 2.25" catback from RRM. I'm sure the 2.5" from Buschur works just fine, but I prefer 2.25" piping. I'm not sure what size the Greddy catbacks would be, but either way, their systems are expensive. Thermal Research & Development also has a 2.25" catback system right now available from ptuning website , but their price is also kinda steep. I'm leaning towards the Thermal R&D system right now if the catback from RRM doesn't come out soon.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by ROCK
2.5 is too big, even for turbo setup. Had a couple guys complain about loss of torque at 2.5 inches. I don't know if they were custom or if Busher is 2.5 too. If it is not 2.5 go that way for catback. If it is 2.5, don't waste money!

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Again, see the dyno results. 2.5" has not caused me or anyone else with the exhaust any power loss.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by SWIFT1
VRS also has a cat back, but I believe it removes the catalytic converter as well. There are pictures and stuff somewhere on the forums, but I don't remember where.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Some advice:
One of you guys should start a Group Deal thread that will compile a list of buyers for this exhaust system. Then, you can approach the vendor with a confirmed list of buyers and maybe even get a slightly reduced price. This is a common practice on Maxima.org and it benefits both the buyers and the seller.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sten
I will call them this week and find out more. I don't mind being a POC. I should know later this week how much I should be getting back from the Gov so I can just pull the cash out of savings first and replace it later if I have to. :P

I'll keep posting here. I should get some time to call them middle to later this week (Days off)
Any word yet Sten?? As far as I know, there's about 3 or 4 us that are ACTUALLY going to buy this.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 11:22 AM

hobie

Hey hobie, how does your injen cai perform/sound? I got one of them coming too
Old Jan 21, 2003, 11:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Please keep it on topic. Look in the registry. I'm no longer running the Injen CAI.