Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Question!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the best thought is denso Iridium, they have dyno test to prove this
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what you will get I do believe is your lights not dimming when you role down your windows. I just noticed my car does that. its pissin me offf. haha
Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
what you will get I do believe is your lights not dimming when you role down your windows. I just noticed my car does that. its pissin me offf. haha
yea every thing u do dims your lights, lol, even pressing your brakes
Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BenSwol
Is there really a difference between NGK and Magnacor?
Not much of a difference, no. Just a lot of advertising mumbo jumbo. They both do the same thing the same way.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

is there a big diff between iridium and platinum spark plugs????
Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, the metal in the core and the price.

Performance wise on a 4G94 - none. Stick with stock.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the original topic was plug wires and roughly half the posts have been talking about spark plugs. Blacksheep is right, there's not going to be much difference between the two other than how much money you spend. I guess you could hook up a volt meter to see what works better between Magnecor and NGK, but I wouldn't doubt that they produce similar results.

When you're looking at electrical systems in general, you won't ge any real gains (and even then, they're not really gains, more like prevention of lost power) unless you're looking at getting an ignition system like what HKS offers. Those type of units have more to do with maximizing spark duration by adding power from a reserve unit. That's a whole lot more than the marginally (IMO) better conductivity of aftermarket spark plug wires.

And as far as iridium vs platinum, marketers will tell you that iridium is a better conductor of heat and electricity as well as better at resisting chemical and electrical corrosion. I tend to believe them. But keep all of this in perspective. On a 120 hp car, the positive gains, if any, will be very hard to notice. The best I've noticed from my Magnecor wires and NGK Iridium plugs is lower revs during cold starts and a slightly smoother idle.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

WTF!!! c'mon blacksheep, another sparkplug/plugwire thread. It's got me reaching for my 40cal. and wanting to play Russian roulet. If they would search the topic there are dozens of older-than-dirt threads saying the exact same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ugh! Ok, I feel a tiny bit better, but seriously, this is like that "Head-on" comercial.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sdhes
WTF!!! c'mon blacksheep, another sparkplug/plugwire thread. It's got me reaching for my 40cal. and wanting to play Russian roulet. If they would search the topic there are dozens of older-than-dirt threads saying the exact same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ugh! Ok, I feel a tiny bit better, but seriously, this is like that "Head-on" comercial.
ROFL! I have to see that damn comercial every day at work.... since we only get FOX news.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregivq
^That's like downgrade from stock
I think this is a typical myth of domestic vs import branding. I can assure people that I have used bosch on most of my cars w/o any ill effects, including my Talon TSi. It's as bad myth of DSM pimping Mitsu magic mystery manual tranny fluid before few brave DSM'ers started to use GM sychroshift (sp) fluid.

"iridium and platinum spark plugs"
Every modern GM use Plat plugs that can last up to 100K miles.

Iridium is just eye candy costing tons of money.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

ngks are just better made, they will last longer. As well as you will not gain any power with ignition upgrades, a spark is a spark.
However you can get a better idle, and also if your running a turbo, you can get colder stage plugs that can reduce engine temps.
Best regards,
Phillip Rench
Old Oct 16, 2006, 02:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by sdhes
If they would search the topic there are dozens of older-than-dirt threads saying the exact same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ugh!
Original thread date - Apr 29, 2006

This IS one of those old threads.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't notice
Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prench
ngks are just better made, they will last longer.
It's an opinion, just like DSM'ers proclaiming magic mystery Mitsu manual tranny fluid over everything else. It's the same for H&A crew trumping Honda ATF over others in the market.