Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Intake Manifold Comparison

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
+1 *Chants* How low can you go.. how low can you go..

I know A2 is just getting started so give them some time, im sure eventually they will become vendors here.. and do wonders.
Great to hear you're partnering with them. Gotta say, Accolade knows when to make a good business move.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres no need for A2 to lower their prices, they have already set the stage. The fact there intake manifold comes with so many other goodies.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

although lower prices wouldnt hurt
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crypto
theres no need for A2 to lower their prices, they have already set the stage. The fact there intake manifold comes with so many other goodies.
As most of you know I'm against RRM work ethic, but lets not forget one thing here.

The one and only reason I see why their intake manifold package is cheaper, is because of parts availability. 4g93 intake manifolds, fuel rails and tb can be found in scrap yards by the dozen and baught for a dime a pound.

If you buy an apple, you won't pay the same price for an orange. If you buy a 4g94 IM, you won't pay the same price you would for a 4g93 IM.

And for what it's worth... I have a 4g94 bored Intake Manifold I need to get rid of if anyone is interested.

Last edited by blaze_125; Oct 31, 2006 at 07:29 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by drucea
nno you dont need a tune. Its all marketing. A2 is offering the bored manifold (better than a bored 4g94), the fuel rail, and bored throttle body, all jet coated, for a cheaper price than RRMs one maifold alone. I believe someone else has gotten and installed their A2 manifold, but a stage 2. I am awaiting my stage 3 (twin throttle body) and will post results as soon as I get it.
My A2 IM came in on Friday, it looks great. I paid $200 shipped for that and the fuel rail (which hasn't arrived yet). And no core charge crap. This is a phenomenal deal. And Philip has been superb with email correspondence as well.

Gimmick? Whatever.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blaze_125
As most of you know I'm against RRM work ethic, but lets not forget one thing here.

The one and only reason I see why their intake manifold package is cheaper, is because of parts availability. 4g93 intake manifolds, fuel rails and tb can be found in scrap yards by the dozen and baught for a dime a pound.
I think this would be true if RRM didn't require the core exchange. That essentially means that they pay nothing for the 4g94 IMs that they use.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

the twin tb for the mirage has a core. its not a must, but you get $75 back if you do.
hopefully if he brings back the twin tb for the lancer it will be the same
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=jeemybo]My A2 IM came in on Friday, it looks great. QUOTE]
Thanks man
Old Oct 31, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Would there be any point in replacing a bored out 4G94 IM with a bored out 4G93?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

i dk....but if what everyone is saying is true, it seems like the g93 im flows better than g94 and also bored out..i guess im going A2 as well.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

It does flow better. When Mitsu designed the Intake Mani for the Lancer they made it not as free flowing. I've noticed a slight mur mur when idling but over all the power is much better from stock. From my understanding from those who know, Mirage tuners, the 4g93 is a better manifold for maximum airflow. There is only one better and thats with going with a custom Intake setup.

Also you don't need to tune anything as it mates up with your engin perfectly...

Fox
Old Oct 31, 2006, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crypto
don't nessecerily believe what RRM told you, there is VERY little information about A2 products, it was only discovered a couple of weeks ago. For RRM to make assumptions about their stuff is pretty stupid, saying as the only person who has bought any type of intake upgrade from them is still yet to recieve the product or install it.

Look that the above threads and make your own mind up, also contact prench. He will give you the details on his products.

all i've got to say is........Shame on RRM

First off I was referring to DUal throttle body setup. That is the one I was referring to. Did not know you had any other ones available. Don't start the shame on me thing either. Here is the question..... How do you tune your dual throttlebody setup? ANd correct there is not a lot of info out there lile how that is all going to work or a dynos. Elighten me please. NOt starting a war just making sure you explain fully how that works before people send their money and then realize they have to spend more just to make it run right.

ROAD/RACE
Old Oct 31, 2006, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor

if you research a little you will see A2 retains the MAF. so its not to hard to tune at all
Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=jeemybo]... I paid $200 shipped for that and the fuel rail (which hasn't arrived yet). And no core charge crap. This is a phenomenal deal. And Philip has been superb with email correspondence as well.
QUOTE]
The reason there's no core charge on them is that he's not expecting your G94 core in exchange for a G93 core. The price of the core is included in your purchase.
Honestly, I would expect an increase in prench's prices as things heat up. When I was doing mine I could get manifolds for about $50 but it became very difficult to source manifolds for less than $80 each by the time I stopped doing them. Plus he'll pay to get them shipped to his place and some yards won't sell to you without a resellers permit.

People weren't interested in the manis I was porting when the price got near the $200 mark, so good for him for being able to get these produced.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 01:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Shingen
I wonder if RRM is going to respond?

Fox
no he probably wont, he browses the boards in stealth mode too.. but u know he is reading all this...