Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Injen vs RRM vs RMR intake..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2002, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all about dyno numbers. Hopefully I will be able to dyno it up when I pick up my intake in summer (wheels got moved to Priority 1). Maybe someone else will even do it first.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Can't say too much about injen or RMR. There is no info. I have RRM intake. It is simple but also the least expensive. Mine gave me a noticable difference in performance. Etronic got to test his before and after with Robert at RRM. His car was .5 sec faster 0-60. Least RRM is trying to quantify stuff. Injen is pretty if that is your thing. Plus they have a carbon fiber heat shield coming that you can buy later! RRM looks fine alone but gonna look sweet with carbon fiber panel!
Old Mar 8, 2002, 02:22 AM
EvoM Guru

injen intake

so where does the filter for the injen intake sit? under the battery? behind the side hole on the front bumper?
Old Mar 8, 2002, 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

You got it. Behind the front bumper and in front of the wheel. I had picture of it...now I just need to find it.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 10:57 PM

Unhappy Cold air vs Short ram intake?

Hello newbie here....been reading for awhile..Can someone explain the difference between a Short Ram and a Cold Air Intake ? :headbng2:
Old Mar 8, 2002, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

OZman, I PM'd you about your intake questions. PM me back for more if you'd like. As for J, you'd have to cut a template probably to install that carbon inlet. You'd mount the inlet in the hood, then securely bolt down the flange into the hood.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 01:56 AM
Evolving Member

omfg!

omfg !^$! im so mad.......i bought that god damn Dragon intake for f'n .........$193 + tax + $16 shipping.........F*** that lol.......im sendin this ***** back.......god damnt that makes me mad........aight eh i need some ppl to help me out here.........when i send it bak.....ill be gettin like 2 bills.......and some extra cash at home.......should i save it and get the coil-overs.........should i buy the Dragon R intake at that cheaper place.......or should i re-tint my windows with Mirror tint (cuz that looks pimp on black) .......or any other suggestions?? thx late
Old Mar 9, 2002, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

I spoke to my parts pdealer, and he told me that the Injen cold air would be the way to go. They recommend it more then anyother, they put it on all their project cars. I trust their opinions and Injen has a good wrap. But, I wont find out if its good till I really install it.....Price doesnt mean much to me, i just do the swipe...lol
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't confuse RRM (Road/Race Motorsports) with RMR. I think based on parts you described you are talking about us. Our intake does not have carbon fiber shield yet but we should have in a couple of weeks. The intake is basically K&N with adapter and brackets/hardware. Buy them separate. We are trying to be sensitive to your budget, that is why our intake is the least expensive but I'll bet just as good as others (for h.p.) That is what counts. As for hood duct. I'll post pics next week. Supposed to do install for a guy this week. All of the other products mentioned by you guys are good. Only comment I have is on the INJEN. Pics I saw showed a whole lot of clamps! WOW. Maybe a cleaner way to go.

You get what you pay for but, do you want to pay for something you don't need.

ROAD/RACE
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If price isn't a big deal, wanna adopt a 21 y/o kid? I don't eat much and all I need if space for a comp and a bed ::cough::

Anyway...my injen CAI should arrive Monday or Tuesday, but I'm going to hold off on the install until I get my first service done...oil change...whatever. I wanna get something outta this warranty. Now if only I were friendly with a shop around here who could do some dynos...or any shop at all for that matter.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Not sure what you understood. Price should be a big deal to everyone.
That is what I implied. Have store room with a bed if you are ever stuck in
L.A. No adoptions in my future.

ROADRACE
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Oops, you mean swipe, swipe guy,NYCLANCER. Yea ,I heard he adopts everyone!

Quick Reply: Injen vs RRM vs RMR intake..