Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Aem Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2003, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aem Cold Air Intake

I am about to buy a AEM COLD AIR INTAKE, but then went to the AEM web site and look at the dino chart and relized that the lancer is actually lossing torque about 5-10 pounds of torque.. If anyone has a AEM COLD AIR INTAKE then please tell me if your car is going faster or is it actually slowing down, due to loss of torque.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 02:10 PM

well it's faster, not a huge difference but worth it. The sound is also much better, and the car pulls hard starting about 3500 to 4000. Don't worry about the loss of torque, it's hard getting true dyno numbers on a CAI becuz they work best when u're moving and in gear. Also, i hear there is a lag time or something that comes with CAI but i like my AEM CAI. If any of my info is wrong, then correct me please, i'm juss going off things that people have told me.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled

If you're planning on modifying your car for performance you need a intake....

You're worried about losing torque that will be gained back when you add complimentary parts to the set-up.

If youre just doing the intake and thats it, you'll lose power.....add an exhaust, testpipe, headers, throttle body to that and it'll be worth it
Old Jun 30, 2003, 08:59 PM

AEM CAI

What if i just add a Intake and Exhuast for now?? will I gain? or will I lose.

And if I just get a CAI then i will lose speed? I mean the car will be slower??
Old Jun 30, 2003, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

i have a CAI and exhaust and they really work well together. One without the other will cause torque loss, so it is a good idea to get both at the same time.