Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Greddy Ti-C Exhaust update!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mines hotter
any websites besides ebay
It's too new to be available online.
Greddy lists it on their website, but you can't purchase it directly from them.

You can call up any Greddy dealer. They should be able to order one and have it shipped straight to your door. Call several to find the cheapest price.
Authorized Greddy Dealers
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by elpoole
It came with an Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Ready Rice sticker, didn't it?

If its gonna be that ricey then it better have good #s to justify.

Never heard the whole "if you have nothing nice to say..." thing, did you?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

How hard will this exhaust be to install? I'm probably going to get one soon, but I need to know if I have to factor in installation costs, or if I can do it myself.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 08:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by SVTong
How hard will this exhaust be to install? I'm probably going to get one soon, but I need to know if I have to factor in installation costs, or if I can do it myself.
Pretty basic.

Remove two bolts.
Pull muffler down off rubber hangers.
Put new muffler on rubber hangers.
Tighten two bolts.
Vroom.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Pretty basic.

Remove two bolts.
Pull muffler down off rubber hangers.
Put new muffler on rubber hangers.
Tighten two bolts.
Vroom.
All the pics that I've seen have two pipes. The second one is longer and straighter. Does that one just bolt into where the cat is?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by SVTong
All the pics that I've seen have two pipes. The second one is longer and straighter. Does that one just bolt into where the cat is?
OK, those are catback exhausts. I was referring to axleback exhausts (which more people have been buying).

Yeah, that pipe just bolts up near the cat. Add another two bolts to remove and tigthen to my earlier description and you're set.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too quiet!

You gotta do a rev up to 6k for us. Maybe some in-car footage as well.
^+1.

ur video is a teaaaaaaaaase.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
greddy already has it listed on their website.. i believe it was 430 for a axle back..
With a lot of companies, the cost breakdown of their products goes something like this: 60% name + 30% marketing + 10% real cost to manufacture.

Wait a little bit and you'll find an identical performing/looking/sounding exhaust for almost half the price simply because it doesn't have "Greddy" embossed on it somewhere.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

hey man talk to greddy whenever you get a chance and see if they will do a exhaust for the Ralli Art's Im sure i could find some one to be a tester. the one on the 02-03 that i saw on ebay sounded great
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:50 PM

alot of mark up, for a $50 exhaust
Old Dec 18, 2007, 02:27 AM
Account Disabled

relax people its just a exhuast. its not liek its crazy expensive. I mean i noe its not worth 400 but geez. The sound is awesome and if it wasn't for injens cat back coming out, i would have jumped all over it
Old Dec 18, 2007, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

OK, those are catback exhausts. I was referring to axleback exhausts (which more people have been buying).

Yeah, that pipe just bolts up near the cat. Add another two bolts to remove and tigthen to my earlier description and you're set.
like Blacksheep said = in other words ,your paying for the muffler section by going with the axleback option

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
With a lot of companies, the cost breakdown of their products goes something like this: 60% name + 30% marketing + 10% real cost to manufacture.

Wait a little bit and you'll find an identical performing/looking/sounding exhaust for almost half the price simply because it doesn't have "Greddy" embossed on it somewhere.

Well its not exactly like that, it really depends on the size of the company. We have already seen examples of a intake company already dropping the soap with an intake design that doesnt work on half the cars its designed for. That would tell me that there manufacturings and R&D was cheaped out on.

but for a small mom and pop shop the costs are high and to compete with the other brands they sell it in line with the market price.

with my own experience, R&D was done on a ($2000 / $5000) budget for prototyping, test, bribing, and haggling. but there are also long term testing that I feel come companies fail to do. such as long term effects on the engine, is it burning rich is it burning leaner is it adding to the stress of the engine or reducing it, what is the goal of the performance. alot goes into the R&D process if anything R&D should make up a good chunk of expenses.

I just started today a single exhaust project for a friend using the same type of muffler and positioning as the dual exhaust . the costs are reduced cause i have treaded this area before but still you have to put the product thru its paces.

Last edited by evo_soul; Dec 18, 2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:05 PM

do you have any videos of the exhaust when the car is driving? i want to see if there is any drone or not. if there isn't for $311.40 on this site http://www.advancespeedshop.com/gred...03-p-3308.html i think i may pick one up

and it's "axle-back" correct? not "full cat-back"?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

hmm wonder why it says "GTS only" .. and their is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lw735YbyDY for the drive away..
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by cRc`22
hmm wonder why it says "GTS only" .. and their is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lw735YbyDY for the drive away..
oh thank you the one on the first page was dark and didn't kno what was going on lol sounds good .. i think my impulse buying is going to make me purchase one for my GTS