Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

2008 Lancer GTS CVT 0-60 time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2007, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08LancerEVO
how much power can a lancer stock handle anyway? like say with a re tune, headers/exhaust, and an intake?
As of right now that's an unknown.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chino ali
I got 7.5 seconds 2x in a row. And that is from a dead stop.
Mitsubishi told me they had tuned my car a little on my last oil changed.
no charge for it.

:P
Wow then that dealer has justed kissed your *** so badly lol nothing against you bro but that dealer didnt' do s#$t but change ur oil if that even
Old Dec 26, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Don't insult me. I been around for a minute.
I know the difference between an oil change and a tune-up.
Actually surprised you brought up such a comment.

And to humor this subject a bit more, this dealership has been real good to me.
Kiss my ***? I dunno about that. Perhaps they have preferred customers over others.
I brought them alot of business when the GTS first dropped.
I debadged the car and everyone was trying to figure out what kind of Mitsubishi I was rolling in. And dropped alot of referrals. Never told anyone what the car was but to check the dealership.
After the oil change, they informed to open up the car on the road and said I will notice a difference on the engine's performance. "Your going to be pleasantly surprised." Which was stated.

And I have already had 2 oil changes with the car so far and after the 2nd one, there was a HUGE difference in accleratation and sound in the engine.
I mean a major change in the way the engine performed.
7.5 seconds, believe it or not, is a modest time. I am not going to state what my
other times were cause it seems like most people are now beginning to debunk the Lancer. I know I would, cause in the past I hated the Lancers.
So.. you can believe what you want. I know what my times were.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

After the oil change, they informed to open up the car on the road and said I will notice a difference on the engine's performance. "Your going to be pleasantly surprised." Which was stated.
I've experienced this too....not on my '08 (yet): After service, I was told to take it out on the road, open it up a bit and then come back to tell them what I thought. I got out on the road, hit third gear and immediately jumped into hyperspace It's way too easy to be cynical about dealerships...they can be the bane of your existence but if you treat them right and become friendly, most will return the favor.

But people aren't really "debunking" the Lancer, chino, so much as complaining about it. Personally, I believe the Lancer is a sexy looking car with TONS of potential in terms of power and looks...I see this car the same way an artist sees a blank canvas.

Last edited by nj_08_gts; Dec 26, 2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
I've experienced this too....not on my '08 (yet): After service, I was told to take it out on the road, open it up a bit and then come back to tell them what I thought. I got out on the road, hit third gear and immediately jumped into hyperspace It's way too easy to be cynical about dealerships...they can be the bane of your existence but if you treat them right and become friendly, most will return the favor.

But people aren't really "debunking" the Lancer, chino, so much as complaining about it. Personally, I believe the Lancer is a sexy looking car with TONS of potential in terms of power and looks...I see this car the same way an artist sees a blank canvas.

damn str8. Thats the Golden Rule, right? Treat others the way you would want them to treat you.
And when it comes to customer service, you learn to charm people to get more cooperation. It works real well, and if they don't let up, check your lingo.
But that's besides the point.
I am def with you on the metaphor on looking at things like a blank canvas.
The possibilities and the probabilities.
I really am pleased with my lancer and I try not say anything on these forums unless I have something that needs to be heard.
Like the 0-60 issue. I am gettin much better times then that.
I understand SOLDIER on what he is saying, but perhaps he has not bumped into such an exp. with dealerships. But they will look out for you, if you play your cards right.
And that is with anything in life.

I mean, hell, if SOLDIER is stating that an oil change can make such a difference, then, s**t, tell me where that joint is and I will smoke it.
( you get what I am saying )
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

damn str8. Thats the Golden Rule, right? Treat others the way you would want them to treat you.
And when it comes to customer service, you learn to charm people to get more cooperation. It works real well, and if they don't let up, check your lingo.
But that's besides the point.
I am def with you on the metaphor on looking at things like a blank canvas.
The possibilities and the probabilities.
I really am pleased with my lancer and I try not say anything on these forums unless I have something that needs to be heard.
Like the 0-60 issue. I am gettin much better times then that.
I understand SOLDIER on what he is saying, but perhaps he has not bumped into such an exp. with dealerships. But they will look out for you, if you play your cards right.
And that is with anything in life.

I mean, hell, if SOLDIER is stating that an oil change can make such a difference, then, s**t, tell me where that joint is and I will smoke it.
( you get what I am saying )
I am not attempting to undermine your claim that your dealer tuned your car. but techinically doing so isnt an easy process, and it would violate their own policies. The tuning process isnt really tuning. Their are past and present and in a sense beta firmware updates availible for your car relating to ECU operations, with some of it dedicated to ECU/CVT logics-software. upgrading our lancer wouldnt do much on a stock configuration and would in a way strain your engine more so then you would want. And I am pretty sure there are very few variant firmwares floating out there that a dealer has to play with.

Another thing that cant be overlooked is the adaptive nature of Mivec which is at the core of this generation 4b11. This generation of Mivec is in a sense more aware about whats going on. Upgrading your exhaust system would go along way.

But thats my two sense, but if you get a chance ask your dealer what they did exactly, I would be curious to know.

Cheers
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Noted. huh.
That is a question I have yet to ask. Perhaps the upgrade in the software to the ECU was what did make a difference..perhaps, mind you. But I ain't sure what really went on.
Until now, which I am almost due for my next oil service; I will ask about it.
I was curious, but my concern was more stressed on my service. Did they do the job?
yup.

Do I feel the smoothness in my engine after you change the oil? yup

Do I hear and feel my car is somewhat more aggressive in sound & as I climb the RPMs?
Surprisingly and noticeably, yes.

I am not sure what happened, but I really didn't question it.
I just drove my s**t. lol

On the issue on dealerships violating their policies; you GOT to be kidding me, man.
I will not degrade any dealerships on the way they conduct their business but, yo, I gotta tell ya. If our govt got loopholes, I am sure they do, too.
feel me?
If not, check that invoice. lol

but whateva I find out, I'll holla.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
Wow then that dealer has justed kissed your *** so badly lol nothing against you bro but that dealer didnt' do s#$t but change ur oil if that even

No but....seriously.

I do get along will all those guys at my dealership.
Maybe they did something, maybe they didn't.
But there was a quite a leap in the performance dept on the car.
I will try and find out and let everyone know.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:42 PM

Was that the first time you had the oil changed on the car? They might have just gave you pure synthetic oil in your engine rather than more of that stuff that comes in the car when it's new. That would be the question to ask the dealer. I know I felt the difference when I made my first change and went to Mobil1 synthetic. The motor definetly ran smoother although it most likely had little or no effect on the 0-60 time which is the topic of this thread.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:50 PM

Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:50 AM
Account Disabled

I was never insulting you chino.

If i did. sorry

But my dealership is just as cool. they already have contacted me about me test driving the evo. told me about pre-ordering the fuel door and more. But They would have asked me or told me about any type of ecu firmware upgrade imo.

But i will call up one of my reps at the dealership and try to get the low down.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

its all good, SOLDIER.
Like I said, I know where your coming from.
And to ProRCRacer: It wasn't the first one, and like i told SOLDIER, I don't think that an oil change would make not make that much of a change.
But hell, I might be wrong and I am open to that possibility. But to change the grade of the oil seems unlikely. Tuning cars is not new to me, but I am new to the Lancer's setup. And the before and after was so noticeable, I cannot entertain the thought of a simple oil change to make this happen.
As E. Soul said, it could have been a software update on my ECU. For some reason, that seems more likely. But until I know for sure, it's in the air.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 01:40 AM

Last time i had my oil changed at 5,000 Kms, I was like WTF when the car burned rubber for a second on a traffic like, so technically i believe that the dealer did nothing but a good oil change to your car, probably check your tire pressure and clean the air filter.

maybe your righjt and we're just jealous

Last edited by Yaser; Dec 28, 2007 at 01:42 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Seems to me that there is a lot of placebo effect going on here!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:44 AM
Account Disabled

its all good, SOLDIER.
Like I said, I know where your coming from.
And to ProRCRacer: It wasn't the first one, and like i told SOLDIER, I don't think that an oil change would make not make that much of a change.
But hell, I might be wrong and I am open to that possibility. But to change the grade of the oil seems unlikely. Tuning cars is not new to me, but I am new to the Lancer's setup. And the before and after was so noticeable, I cannot entertain the thought of a simple oil change to make this happen.
As E. Soul said, it could have been a software update on my ECU. For some reason, that seems more likely. But until I know for sure, it's in the air.
Im sorry to have to say this, but i think chino ali really did get a upgraded firmware for his ecu cause someone from project lancer said officialy his dealer told him they have the latest december 2007 firmware for the 08lancer and he got it and felt a dfiference. and even some more info

Quick Reply: 2008 Lancer GTS CVT 0-60 time