Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

ROAD/RACE- 08 Center Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a "Microsoft Paint" (as opposed to Photoshop) of my car to get an idea of how this would look on an '08. Of course, this isn't a lip. It's just the stock bumper with a repositioned hole...but you wouldn't want me to draw a lip on there. It would look a lot less believable.

Anyway, I think it looks freakin' awesome.
MAKE IT RIGHT NOW RRM!
The design of the lip could be a deal breaker though...go easy on the lip.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice photoshop. It looks interesting to have it in the middle. I personally wouldn't buy it. And I'm guessing one pipe would look stupid. Any difference in power putting in the middle instead of on the side?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the middle alot especially if the lip looks really good. It would defiantly give our cars a distinctive look.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 06:36 AM

dam boy it gooing to look awsom!, so far the lip CF or FG? or both and what part it will cover of the bumper ?
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
Nice photoshop. It looks interesting to have it in the middle. I personally wouldn't buy it. And I'm guessing one pipe would look stupid. Any difference in power putting in the middle instead of on the side?
My guess is that it would change the HP/TQ curve upwards.

From what RRM said about their exhaust experiments, a straight exhaust with no bends would lead to a loss of lowend power (and gains at high-RPM levels).
Old Feb 10, 2008, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

i wont lie, at first i didnt like the idea. but now its not soundin to bad at all. and it doesnt look bad, id like to see what they would come up with for the bumper add on though. its gonnna look pretty sick
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:41 PM

I think it would be a great idea. Though how the lip comes out could be a deal breaker.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

yeah this is starting to grow on me now that i have seen it. i think i like it more on the 02-03 with the tips spaced farther away from eachother with maybe some bigger tips too. im wondering what kinda muffler will be used though, a dual exhaust muffler or a single just with a y pipe?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it would be a good idea as long as there isn't some stupid huge tips on it. All you need is the same sized tip as the muffler outlet, or a tiny bit bigger, anything else make that ugly fart can sound IMHO.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

this idea is not bad as long as theres a power increase and it sounds nice. since it requires a redesigned rear bumper, i think the looks of the bumper will matter too. RRM, do you have any ideas on the rear?

i am thinking of buying an aftermarket body kit, will it still work?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
IDK I would have to see the real thing
Old Feb 11, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whitelancerGTS
this idea is not bad as long as theres a power increase and it sounds nice. since it requires a redesigned rear bumper, i think the looks of the bumper will matter too. RRM, do you have any ideas on the rear?

i am thinking of buying an aftermarket body kit, will it still work?
good thing you spoke up, i was thinking rrm would of came out with a bad sounding exhaust that takes away from the entire power band. lol jk. as for the lip and the design of it, like tip spacing and sizing i think a poll is in order after a nice photophop is done or some ideas are spoken of. i personally think the same tip used on the RRM Axle back is a good size and would look really nice, i also think a nice spacing such as on the 02-03 with the little part inbetween the tips would also look nice. as for the rest of the lip i dont think RRM will let us down.

as for an aftermarket body kit, it will depend on the kit and if the exhaust will clear it and the design of the kit. the idea is to buy the exhaust and lip combo for people who are keeping the stock bumper which is most of us. if you are getting a body kit then this one probably isn't for you.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Didn't tough it would be a good idea, but seing it (even if it's fast micropaintshoping :P) it looks nice in the end.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well heres a chop that I did, I know the Exhasut are not perfectly the same size, or offseted but here you go... I made a little lip kit. to.

Dual in the Middle

Dual Evo X style
Old Feb 11, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

^^ thats nice.
I really gotta learn how to use ps

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- 08 Center Exhaust