Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

need some idle/rpm help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the same problem. my car idles a little low and my oil light like flashes on and off . pisses me off ( i think this is from a long time ago ) lol
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

u adjusted idle also via throttle cable?

if you are maybe that is the problem.

your suppose to adjust idle via BISS screw not throttle cable, doing so will throw the reading of the TPS on idle and will throw a cel light.

the proper way is to adjust via BISS (base idle screw) in the photo i posted a page back.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

nahh i didntt adjust anything, i was just saying that my oil light also comes on and i was askign how to adjust the cable. Ive never hearrd of taht thats all lol
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by llt-racing
u adjusted idle also via throttle cable?

if you are maybe that is the problem.

your suppose to adjust idle via BISS screw not throttle cable, doing so will throw the reading of the TPS on idle and will throw a cel light.

the proper way is to adjust via BISS (base idle screw) in the photo i posted a page back.
Dont touch the Biss screw , trust me , and to correctly mess with it you need to lock the isc otherwise you'll never get it right , the computer will keep opening it more and more given the engine rpms...You either need the MUT 3 or the evo scan program , it is preset from the factory , the real throttle adjustment is a set screw marked with yellow paint , dont even bother touching it either

the problem you guys are having is isc related so why are you adjusting biss's and cables? clean your throttle bodies , pop off the isc motor and clean the pintle and passage , then for those with a flickering oil light pop off the oil switch plug down near the filter and clean the spade terminal , together all that will fix all your problems...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by turbolancer02
Dont touch the Biss screw , trust me , and to correctly mess with it you need to lock the isc otherwise you'll never get it right , the computer will keep opening it more and more given the engine rpms...You either need the MUT 3 or the evo scan program , it is preset from the factory , the real throttle adjustment is a set screw marked with yellow paint , dont even bother touching it either

the problem you guys are having is isc related so why are you adjusting biss's and cables? clean your throttle bodies , pop off the isc motor and clean the pintle and passage , then for those with a flickering oil light pop off the oil switch plug down near the filter and clean the spade terminal , together all that will fix all your problems...
+1. Follow all of this to the last detail.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

This is the idle screw that you would need to adjust to adjust the idle ,Keep in mind if you mess with it you will also have to adjust the tps sensor

, the Biss(base idle set screw) is adjusted from the factory to match the throttle body idle air flow (basically its mitsu's way of port matching the idle air flow of all there tb castings)

and keep the throttle body in the isc's working range, It is not intended to adjust idle rpm EVER!!
Nor is the throttle cable ,

thanx Senate

Last edited by turbolancer02; Apr 30, 2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
For those who have tampered with this BISS, you can use EvoScan and a Tactrix cable to adjust it back to spec. In EvoScan, activate SAS mode and adjust your BISS until your idle is 700 +/- 50 rpm.

Reference thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...djustment.html
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

I think it will also help to determine the cel you are getting.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by turbolancer02
clean your throttle bodies , pop off the isc motor and clean the pintle and passage.
Can you indicate where the isc motor and pintle and passage are? I'm more visually oriented, want to make sure I clean the right stuff.

Thanks! I've attached some TB pics for you if you can just throw an arrow or circle it somewhere and repost. THanks!

Is it the connector on the bottom of the valve opening (right facing in the bottom picture) or is it the connector adjacent to the valve opening (top facing in bottom pic)?

Last edited by jwick76; Aug 22, 2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: more info
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

What is ISC?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Seifer780
What is ISC?
Idle Speed Controller... I'm thinking it might be the deal hooked into the coolant body of the TB... I ended up adjusting the BISS crazy, which actually worked. I'm now idling at 700-900 rpm, which doesn't shake my car as much with the RRM motormounts. Definitely wait for the car to completely warm up before adjusting, take it for a ride to get it 180+ degrees and then let it idle in gear to see how much more to adjust. I adjusted the BISS to get a 1200rpm idle when in park, which translated to 700-900rpm in gear.

Thanks for all the good info!

Last edited by jwick76; Oct 25, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

deleted, felt I was hijacking the thread
Attached Thumbnails need some idle/rpm help-image1.jpg  

Last edited by jwick76; Oct 27, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

I found the following article that applies to Hondas, good general info on how the ISCV works and general TB info.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h26.pdf
Old Nov 6, 2010, 08:12 AM

Av
Old Nov 8, 2010, 03:23 AM
Evolved Member

^what?

Quick Reply: need some idle/rpm help