Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Cams and such for 2.0/2.4 NA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost? About $1000. Installation? Depends where u get it done...
Old Oct 5, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

hopefully Works gets them out soon.. Cams is something Ive been waiting on...More parts for the Lancer period.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 05:25 PM

I emailed Works last night and they said that they arent sure on a release date but could be anywhere from the end of the year or the spring of 2011. I also asked them what they thought the expected gains would be but no response back yet.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

I hate to be a debbie downer but 180whp from a 2.0 even a 2.4 won't happen with out FI.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

true...
Originally Posted by p1llar
I hate to be a debbie downer but 180whp from a 2.0 even a 2.4 won't happen with out FI.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
really? where did you get this assumption from.

last time i checked 2.4s dynod close to 160 at the wheels, works tune claims 18 to the wheels, so 178 from a tune + other mods. maybe you should do some more research. plenty 2.0 motors push 180whp without FI. so with cams 180 should be highly obtainable
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Yes cams will greatly increase the upgrade potential of the lancers, and are something I have been waiting quite a while to see produced. However with that said I still think we have to do something about our air intake system to increase flow or just make the system more direct. I also think we need to break past the 6/6.5k rev limit on these engines. With some balancing and some higher compression pistons I really think our engine can become a high revving monster. Not entirely but I think you all know what I mean. We have perfect platform on the 2.0's, PERFECTLY square engine
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stuntfly02
Yes cams will greatly increase the upgrade potential of the lancers, and are something I have been waiting quite a while to see produced. However with that said I still think we have to do something about our air intake system to increase flow or just make the system more direct. I also think we need to break past the 6/6.5k rev limit on these engines. With some balancing and some higher compression pistons I really think our engine can become a high revving monster. Not entirely but I think you all know what I mean. We have perfect platform on the 2.0's, PERFECTLY square engine
+1 A lot can come out of these engines and im glad that RPW and Works are attempting it.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
really? where did you get this assumption from.

last time i checked 2.4s dynod close to 160 at the wheels, works tune claims 18 to the wheels, so 178 from a tune + other mods. maybe you should do some more research. plenty 2.0 motors push 180whp without FI. so with cams 180 should be highly obtainable
Show me ONE dyno with a 2.4 hitting higher than 145whp that's stock.

You can expect a 2.4 with a tune, intake, catback and header to hit mid 150's at best.

Don't get your hopes up for 18whp from a tune, that's be very generous to expect even from a boosted car like a evo or wrx. From a 4cyl. car running lean like ours, 3-5whp is more realistic with a different tq. curve. Just because a supplier says you'll gain "X WHP" doesn't deam it factual. Dyno charts from an unbiased source = proof to me.

I really do not think you've done your research on the 2.0 and 2.4

Last edited by p1llar; Oct 7, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 07:16 AM

You can expect a 2.4 with a tune, intake, catback and header to hit mid 150's at best.

Don't get your hopes up for 18whp from a tune, that's be very generous to expect even from a boosted car like a evo or wrx. From a 4cyl. car running lean like ours, 3-5whp is more realistic with a different tq. curve. Just because a supplier says you'll gain "X WHP" doesn't deam it factual. Dyno charts from an unbiased source = proof to me.

Don't our cars run RICH from the factory?

Also, Evo's get far more than 18whp from a tune (coming from stock). From the dyno's I've seen, stock evos put down about 215whp stock and with a tune gain about 40-50whp. But apparently Evos run stupid rich from the factory.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ilovesaget
Don't our cars run RICH from the factory?

Also, Evo's get far more than 18whp from a tune (coming from stock). From the dyno's I've seen, stock evos put down about 215whp stock and with a tune gain about 40-50whp. But apparently Evos run stupid rich from the factory.
You are comparing apples and oranges... full bolt-on 2.4 with a tune I would imagine at about 170 whp TOPS on a high reading dyno.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by EngRWW33
You are comparing apples and oranges... full bolt-on 2.4 with a tune I would imagine at about 170 whp TOPS on a high reading dyno.
I agree. I was just disputing that an Evo would barely get 18whp from a tune.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ilovesaget
I agree. I was just disputing that an Evo would barely get 18whp from a tune.
Evo's get 18whp EASY!!!

I think I am missing your point...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are really making yourself look like a fool right now lol please do some research instead of talking out of your *** like some people tend to do on here

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3116916/2

163tq, way above the BS you were stating, and the funniest statement out of your whole quote is you say 18whp is generous to get from a boosted car like a evo or wrx? LMAO. bro seriously before you post anymore, if you can find one evo or wrx that gets less than double that with a tune, then you shall get a cookie.

works is a very reputable company but with all the other crazy stuff you've said i wouldn't expect you to know much about works and their reputation. i would look up the comany and compare their dyno results to actual results from customers.

until then. keep up the research
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
you are really making yourself look like a fool right now lol please do some research instead of talking out of your *** like some people tend to do on here

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3116916/2

163tq, way above the BS you were stating, and the funniest statement out of your whole quote is you say 18whp is generous to get from a boosted car like a evo or wrx? LMAO. bro seriously before you post anymore, if you can find one evo or wrx that gets less than double that with a tune, then you shall get a cookie.

works is a very reputable company but with all the other crazy stuff you've said i wouldn't expect you to know much about works and their reputation. i would look up the comany and compare their dyno results to actual results from customers.

until then. keep up the research
I'm quite surprised by those numbers, higher than I had antipated.

Here are some for the 4B11, which is much lower than that 4B12.

http://proje ctlancer.net/index.php?showtopic=47 (remove space)

What I was referring to about the tune, comparing a tune to a car that is NA to FI is comparing apples to oranges. You WONT see 18whp from a works tune on our car.

Last edited by p1llar; Oct 11, 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Cams and such for 2.0/2.4 NA?