Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Car Died Wont Start Back

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Died Wont Start Back

Okay so I'm new here and haven't been able to find anything on the internet as to what is wrong with my car. I recently bought a 2008 Lancer and was loving it! Until D-Day.. I was headed back to work from lunch and the car decided to die halfway up a hill. It had done this before so I pulled to the side of the road and turned it off. Whenever I went to start it back up, nothing happened. Except the display started showing what seemed to be every warning light that the computer could have. I've spent countless hours searching for what it could be with no luck. Please help.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So, Key in the ignition, turn key, starter does not turn but the dash is lighting up with all the warning lights on correct?

Check your battery and your battery connections. It's a long shot but my wife's 2012 ES decided to not start randomly a few years back and dash was lighting up with every light on. Turns out the battery connection was split and was partially broken. This was resetting the Computer and causing all the lights to come on.

do you have a scan tool? see if you can read any error codes
Old Nov 12, 2018, 02:30 PM

Yes key in ignition and switching on, no starter engagement or anything except the warnings on the dash display.
I tested the battery and its reading good. I will check the cables and connections tomorrow. I have ran multiple scans on it and the only things it gives me are; idle air control valve and camshaft positioning sensor.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:35 PM

if the cam position sensor goes belly up you can lose ingition spark and injector timing
Old Nov 13, 2018, 01:55 PM

I was not aware of this, thank you. I will change that and see if that changes anything.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 02:03 PM

it's is possible. But i am not a mechanic. Just a tinkerer so you might want to consult someone who has done more to a lancer than just tear the rear suspension off. cheers