Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:10 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I laughed once when my coworker asked me if he could borrow my portfolio so he could get a sponsorship. I was like I think they want YOUR portfolio, and he's like I don't have one I've never raced before. The moral of the story is, the people that are truly interested in sponsoring are the ones that are looking at your track record and achievements. If you just have a lightly modded car and no trophies, the only people interested are the scammers. (usually)
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i landed a sponser with rotora rotors and do have to pay a small amount for my brakes but it is a foot in the door
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:18 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Yeah, getting a true discount is a sponsorship. Paying up front without a product on order, however, is not.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

yes i agree i am just saying you can get in just have to know how
Old Jan 14, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

8 trophies including best interior, best show and shine and still no sponsors...im trying though.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 09:35 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Scam
Old Jan 14, 2005, 09:45 AM

I'am sposored by them, it's not a scam. They tell u how everything works out. You have to be in atleast 4 shows a year, if u sign the contract and are not in atleast 4 shows, then you are billed $80. You have to send pictures of your car at every show u enter. They give u $15,000 co-op money, meaning depending what company you go through you can get 15% to 65% discount. If a greddy exhaust is 700 and they take off 100 then that 100 subtracts from the $15,000.
Personally the discounts are ok, but stuff on ebay is still cheaper most of the time.
I will not renew my contract next year.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

I got a call from Kevin at Sport Compact Pro. I asked to see a copy of the contract on paper or through e-mail before I made a decision of if I was gonna accept or not and he never even sent me the paperwork to look at. I figured right then it wasn't worth it. I figured he knew I was on to something and somewhat knew something about legal issues and got scared and ran. He was able to tell me some of the companies that offer their products and non of the companies he mentioned really sell parts for the lancer except Greddy, and B&M. Everyone else is more of a Honda Tuner company. Didn't seem worth it to me.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

i had that sponsorship, i wouldnt do it, i have a 2003 oz rally, and they were always saying some stupid excuse about gettin parts, "we don't have them as a distributor", "we'll check into it and call you back". and when they did have a part, RARELY, they wanted an arm and leg for it, I could get it for the price they were quoting me without a stupid sponsorship, just buy going to my local performance shop. Screw sport compact pro. they were even worse when they were racer x motorsports.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:13 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

OK so those who say it's not a scam, who's company name do you have to put on your car, and what do they get from your advertising? If Sport Compact Pro only does sponsorship, what do they get out of having their stickers on cars? If they only get more sponsorees, it sounds like a chain effect to me.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:26 PM

#1 these f***ERZ are a total scam... had a friend that did the sponsorship... then he asked to go visit thier office headquarters but they said not to come within the next few weeks cuz they was in the process of "moving"... guess wut... wood boards on every window with a thick A** chain on the front door.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:55 PM

I could care less what they get out of it and you have to put their name on your car as a show of sponsorship. As far as going to see them in person, who cares. Just give me discounts on parts, don't charge me for **** and we're all ok.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:31 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Originally Posted by gabrielg
I could care less what they get out of it and you have to put their name on your car as a show of sponsorship. As far as going to see them in person, who cares. Just give me discounts on parts, don't charge me for **** and we're all ok.
But that's just it, if you know what they get out of it, then they're probably legit. If not, what's the motivation? Would you like to sponsor me? For $100 cash I'll put "gabrielg" on the rear window, ok? Probably not because you don't get anything from having your name on my car. If someone is scamming, they wouldn't care either, because they're getting their $80 up front and don't have to deliver. That's why I'm asking the question, becauuse NOBODY that's legit asks you to put a sticker on their car unless it advertises for something that makes them money somehow.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 04:19 PM

There's some people that have sponsorship for two different reasons:
1.To represent big time legit companies.
or
2. To get money and help from who ever can.

I'm the second one, less money to spend is always better even if u just save
Old Jan 18, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

im "sponsored" by SCP....THEY were really good with contacting me at first...but now, they seemed to have dissapeared..i think i have just lost my $88 or at least i jus bought a very expensive "complimentary" dvd....anyhow, they are giving me $12k/year and i ahve to go to 4 shows /year. their prices are okay..but here's the catch..u can only order from companies they are in kahoots with..u cant order from shops you know...cuz they wont make money. lame!! AND HERES THE BULLSHIET....most of their co-sponsored companies only do honda and acura shiet...lame!! THEY DO DEAL WITH RRM THO...BUT they dont take much off anyways...they deal with VIS...a carbon trunk is $400 with sponsorship...isnt the trunk only like 450?? not that much of a discount....anywho..my mistake, learn from it.

Quick Reply: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship