Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

how many of you have racing seats?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
im wayy to lazy to search rite now so how about a nice person post how much those ralliart seats go for lol
Old Apr 24, 2005, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maxt is selling both front and rear seats for $285 in his eBay store:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33701

so i would say some 180-200 on average for the two front seats and 100 for the rear.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

I've posted this a couple times before.. here we go again!!

If you want to know what you need, here you go:
--2 Racing seats.
--2 sets of slider brackets the size of the seat hole dimensions.
--2 custom floor brackets made for the lancer.
--2 seat belts (4pt if you want)
--all necessary grade 8 bolts and nyloc nuts for safety.

Hope this helps ya.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

how u got those belts bolted in? i dont see the straps running to the back behind the seats
Old Apr 24, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

i love my leather. racing seats are hot too
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

wiretap, if your belts are bolted straight to the floor running down the back of your seats, you are in danger of serious back injury in the occurence of, god forbid, a car crash. using belts bolted below the seats actually increases the force on your spine. instead of shooting forward to the air bags, the belts will crunch you downwards
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:39 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep, I sure hope those harnesses are for show only, because they will crush every vertebrea in your back in a frontal impact. And to the person who has back problems with the Corbeau seats, what model did you get? I had the exact problem with mine. My stock seats constantly gave me a bruise on my tail bone and the Corbeau ones fixed that.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

The sides are bolted in with 1/2in bolts. One to the stock seatbelt bolt point, and the other to a special mount made on the seat bracket. The 2 mount points in the rear are bolted down ajacent to the seat back (1/2in bolts).. like straight down. There is a guy by me who installs racing seats in race cars and he said the way I did mine they are ok. He said what you can't do is put them underneath the brackets of the seat cause when you get in an accident, thats when it lifts up the seat and compresses ur spine. I am looking into getting one of those sparco bars soon just to make them a little more safer.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lancermarin
I stopped by the local Mitsu dealership yesterday to take a seat in both the stock Evo Recaros and the Ralliart seats, but there were no Ralliarts on the lot! This is definitly something I want to look in to, not because I track my car regularly, but because I'd still appreciate something a little more comfortable on a spirited drive. Not to mention the price point of the stock Ralliart Lancer seats is easier on the wallet.
dude, lemme know (pm me) when you sit in both.

i don't have a mitsu dealership close, so i can't sit in the recaros and ralliarts, but i'm curious what other people think about them.

when it gets closer to purchase time, i'll have to make a trip to a dealership for the final decision
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
I've posted this a couple times before.. here we go again!!

If you want to know what you need, here you go:
--2 Racing seats.
--2 sets of slider brackets the size of the seat hole dimensions.
--2 custom floor brackets made for the lancer.
--2 seat belts (4pt if you want)
--all necessary grade 8 bolts and nyloc nuts for safety.

Hope this helps ya.
I like those seats. Don't want the harness though
Old Apr 25, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
The sides are bolted in with 1/2in bolts. One to the stock seatbelt bolt point, and the other to a special mount made on the seat bracket. The 2 mount points in the rear are bolted down ajacent to the seat back (1/2in bolts).. like straight down. There is a guy by me who installs racing seats in race cars and he said the way I did mine they are ok. He said what you can't do is put them underneath the brackets of the seat cause when you get in an accident, thats when it lifts up the seat and compresses ur spine. I am looking into getting one of those sparco bars soon just to make them a little more safer.
Yes definitely go for the sparco bars. When theyre bolted down straight down the back of the seat, the angle is much lower than if they are bolted straight behind. Having the belts go down that way causes the seated individual to lunge in a forward-down (diagonal) motion resulting in lower back damage rather than just lunging in a forward motion as with harnesses bolted straight behind.

Little ms paint quickie I did to show the difference in angles:

Just looking out for fellow evom members . There have been several accidents but none of the members have suffered major injury.
Attached Thumbnails how many of you have racing seats?-wiretap_seatbelts.jpg  
Old Apr 25, 2005, 01:12 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

thanks twentyone, that picture says it all. Imagine the direction of forces. If you get hit head on, your body wants to go forward but the belt pulls you back. In the case of a floor mounted shoulder belt, it is pulling you back and down. Since your butt is as low as it can get in the seat, your spine can only be compacted as the approximate 1000 lb of force generated by a 45 mph impact pulls your shoulders down towards your a$$
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the diagram. I will get the harness bar soon. I think that bar will look 10x better in there too. Safety is #1!!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

you cant mount on the rear seat belt monts (like where they buckle) as well cant you?it would be at an angle on you paint pic
Old Apr 25, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, I've seen people put the seatbelts on the back mount points for the rear seat. I need my back seat though because I often have passangers. (actually it is where the child harness thingy snaps into) I don't have the snap on style seatbelts though. Mine are the bolt in style seat belts. I was out of luck there.. I ordered mine so I could put 1/2in bolts thru them.

Quick Reply: how many of you have racing seats?