Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Removing o2/RRM cel fix

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing o2/RRM cel fix

I had wondered why I still threw a CEL after having my headers and exhaust installed - even though I used RRM's CEL eliminator. I know could still happen no matter what I used, but....

So today I just got under the car and I'm pretty sure I know what happened. My mechanic drilled one bung at the bottom of the headers (that's the one I was planning to use for wideband). Then placed the CEL eliminator and second factory o2 at the front (header side) of my HFC. So, I need to see A) will the wires make it that far - He did extend the wires, but obviously for the wrong hole. B) I'm hoping if I can put it to the piping end of cat with the CEL I wont get the light.

So, before I go trying to pull off that o2 sensor I just wanted to check with y'all. Since the sensor is currently screwed into the CEL eliminator, do I still need a o2 wrench? Or can I get the slide locks out and just turn out the cel? Thanks all for your help - again!

BTW I just fricken got fired friday! Yeah! Holy crap I thought I was having a meeting about a raise. Fired with no warnings whatsoever of any wrong-doings. Oh well - a guy called me yesterday from a 4 monthy olf application to learn how to weld for a trailer place. Might not be as nice money, but I can learn to weld!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should just be able to turn the CEL fix and get it all out.

Also, you can try to just flip the HFC around. Worked for me, CEL free.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input there. I can't just flip the cat around - my mechanic just welded everything - as opposed to cutting flanges off old parts, etc. One the florida heat cools down tonight, I'll pop out there and crank on the cel fix. Thanks again.... Now I gotta go search the site for jack points.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

i have the same problem. RRM reccomended trying 2 CEL eliminators.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iyi0521
i have the same problem. RRM reccomended trying 2 CEL eliminators.

Not a bad idea. If my wires don't stretch, or I don't just re-wire the extension, I was thinking of getting some of the anit foulers and using them in conjunction with RRM CEL eliminator - Since I just got fired I don't want to spend another 25$ on a maybe. I do think that would work, but who knows. I may also just buy a code reader/eliminator (but wouldn't it just eliminate it for a couple cycles?) and/or cut the wire to my CEL light.... and do regular code checks I guess.