Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Daytime Running Light 06 O.Z

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by sadude
Is there just a fuse associated with them, if so just pull that otherwise i guess you will have to rewire

My old car there was a little screw on the headlight switch which you could turn to adjust the DRL setting...I turned mine off...screw DRL...you don't need them they are only standard in canada because they SUCK!!!!
Yeah that must be the reason, it has nothing to do with DRL being shown to consistently reduce accidents. Have fun drinking your weak beer and smoking your very bad pot.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj

You're the kind of person that I hope gets into an accident. Natural selection...
WOW...how great a person you are...wishing other people get into accident...natural selection, will it take me out or will it take you out? who is the greater being, me for not wanting DRLs or you for wanting me to get into an accident.

MODS like you really set a good example for the rest of us "noobs"
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Yeah that must be the reason, it has nothing to do with DRL being shown to consistently reduce accidents. Have fun drinking your weak beer and smoking your very bad pot.
That's nice but I think they suck so I encourage the disabling the DRLs.

For your information, I don't drink nor do I smoke but thanks for making the assumption...how very great of you.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 03:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you don't want us to think you smoke, maybe it's time to change the potleaf avatar...

You know what? I don't care what you think. You are actively trying to disable a safety measure that has been installed on your car to keep YOU and the other people on the road safer. In my eyes, it's like not wearing a seatbelt. You're asking to get yourself hurt.

If you want to encourage a practice that is unsafe, that is your own stupid self. But don't expect me to pat you on the back, hold your hand or suck your dick. You're on your own. If you die, you got what you deserved.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

^Agree, you're no better than the idiots who replace a functional airbag with a racing wheel on a street car or who use harnesses bolted to the floor. Just as something to think about, what happens if you get into an accident? If I got into an accident and the person who I hit or who hit me intentionally deactivated a safety device (and don't give me this "oh they won't know" crap) I would either argue that do to their negligence I couldn't see them properly and thus hit them, or I'd sue them blind.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

So let's get your logic straight...you rear end me and you sue me because I have my DRL disabled...oh yah got it...I was making sure that you were making sense.

The man asked about how to turn them off...you either know how to do it or you don't...help the man or move on. It's a wonder why you are a mod...you wouldn't never be a mod in a forum where the people are a little older.

Furthermore...I am not encouraging a practise that is unsafe...just simply adding input to a thread about disabling his DRLs. I guess if you guys want to be Mr. and Mrs. Practicality and law abiding then please go ahead and close all the threads where people take out their airbags for racing wheels or xbox or ps2 and go ahead and block the threads where people tint their front windows and while you are at, block all the turbo threads to since that would make the cars faster than the speed limit and since it's statistically shown that speeding kills we shouldn't encourage that either.

Now who is smoking the pot?

Also I never asked you to care what I think and neither do you ask me...it's my freedom of expression.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

As far as the legal system is concerned, negligence is negligence. An old woman was sued successfully after a man trying to break into her house fell on a knife she negligently left on the counter. If you disabled the safety systems in your car, at the very least your car would be gone, impounded by the police. You'd have a string of fines if not charges attached (from what I recall modifying certain systems on a car is a federal offense).
Nobody is closing this thread, if Doug wanted to do that he would have already, people are simply advicing strongly against this kind of stupidity. Maybe you would feel more at home on a honda forum full of 16 year old kids. Xboxs and PS2s in a car are not by themselves problematic, a lot of systems have safety switches installed that will not allow them to be used when the car is in motion. A turbo is safe if used responsibly. Getting rid of an already present safety device is just stupid and in my opion, extremely immature and wreckless. If you actually look at the forum rules, this site definitely frowns upon speeding, as evident by all the threads closed when people post videos of them doing stupid things on public roads.

Last edited by ambystom01; Oct 12, 2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by sadude
So let's get your logic straight...you rear end me and you sue me because I have my DRL disabled...oh yah got it...I was making sure that you were making sense.

The man asked about how to turn them off...you either know how to do it or you don't...help the man or move on. It's a wonder why you are a mod...you wouldn't never be a mod in a forum where the people are a little older.

Furthermore...I am not encouraging a practise that is unsafe...just simply adding input to a thread about disabling his DRLs. I guess if you guys want to be Mr. and Mrs. Practicality and law abiding then please go ahead and close all the threads where people take out their airbags for racing wheels or xbox or ps2 and go ahead and block the threads where people tint their front windows and while you are at, block all the turbo threads to since that would make the cars faster than the speed limit and since it's statistically shown that speeding kills we shouldn't encourage that either.

Now who is smoking the pot?

Also I never asked you to care what I think and neither do you ask me...it's my freedom of expression.
Who said anything about rear-ending you? DRLs are in the front.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a horrible mod. That's why they just gave me a promotion to SuperMod, right? See how it says "Bomb Squad" under my name? That's because I don't take **** from jerks like you. Not because I'm a power-hungry moron.

Yes, you are encouraging a practice that is unsafe. So don't sit here and lie to yourself. And we allow discussion of things, which is why the thread is open. So no, I don't plan on closing all the other threads. Be mature.

Now who is smoking the pot? Not me. You still have your potleaf avatar, however.

Yes, you have freedom of expression. As do I. So when you say something dumb like "screw DRL...you don't need them they are only standard in canada because they SUCK!!!!", amby and I are allowed to disagree with you.
Or does the First Amendment only apply to you?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Owned!
Old Oct 13, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Who said anything about rear-ending you? DRLs are in the front.
There in lies the rub my friend...if I am the one who disables my DRL how is it my fault that you rear end me? DRLs are dumb, they just cause your bulbs to go out faster and who needs it when you have the sun to provide all the lights you need and also with all the nice luxury cars out there with the auto-on feature for headlights...when you need light, your car knows it and turns it on for you. So why run them on when you don't need to.

Canada has dumb rules, we all know this that is why they are openly mocked on South Park (haha gotta love that show)

Also I don't smoke pot, so please resort to a different line of argument and even if I did it doesn't necessarily explain anything except for giving you some generic cop out when all else fails.

Let's keep playing...this is fun
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

So why are you talking about rear-ending then?
DRLs have been shown to reduce accidents. It's not because YOU need the light. It's because having the headlights on 24-7 makes you more visible to the other drivers. So when you're rolling along the street, you're less likely to have someone back out of their driveway in front of you, etc. There was a great commercial a while back - it showed a car driving through the desert (!) and when it passed into the shadow of a mountain, you couldn't see it a bit. So imagine if it's a rainy day and I'm trying to back out of my overcrowded driveway.
That's why they're there.

amby brought up the pot. If you'll notice, I just keep reminding you that your potleaf avatar sends that message. I never accused you of puffing the cheeba.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

uhhhh.....just wondering if anybody knows how to rewire them? in Hawaii, we don't really need them, and i know that you guys are concered about the people, but i'm just asking how to do something that is not needed in my state. it's mostly sunny and i don't usually go out in the rain so i'm safe from anybody not seeing me all-together.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kfos01
Owned!

Suck it down RUBBA DUB!
Old Oct 13, 2006, 04:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Sorry Puerto recon - we weren't really bashing you so much. And hijacking your thread was an accident.

No one seems to know, though.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Well the pot thing came out of his Canada comment (since everyone knows Canada has the best pot in the world, high THC content), I didn't even notice his avatar.

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Light 06 O.Z