Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

The question I have been trying to figure out for the past 3 months!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The question I have been trying to figure out for the past 3 months!

Now before we get into this let me state I have read through the topics so keep that in mind and bear with me.

What I am trying to figure out is as far as "easy power" for the price of course which is better? The cable ($110) and the software ($40) and dyno tuning ($100ish?) or the RRM Piggy back?

Yes, the RRM is plug and play. I believe they just said they just put out new maps and they are wonderful.

With the cable. Yeah, if I take the time to learn I can tune myself or get a professional to do it which won't be bad and not much of a hassle but plug and play is good. At this point I don't know much about fuel maps besides too lean is bad and too rich hurts performance.

What I want to know is, can I get better performance out of the cable since the piggy is a "middle man" or is the cable software combo too much of a hassle at this point and we still need more time?

What I would really like is for someone to put out some various maps for the Lancer. I know some people have the cable and are NA. What is the hold up?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
piggyback is made for lancer improvement in general not your specific lancer, if you plan on modding your lancer alot more id say get the cable
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

piggy will service all ur needs. unless u are super nerdy and just like takin apart computers for fun the reflash is gonna cause u alot of headaces. but go fo what u want.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=3744108
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ahh, I see. Yeah, that thread helped. I might be better off with the piggy even though I don't want to spend the $400. Who does? But I guess that is my option since I am not going to mess with timing, injectors and other things.

I love this board!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
What I am trying to figure out is as far as "easy power" for the price of course which is better? The cable ($110) and the software ($40) and dyno tuning ($100ish?) or the RRM Piggy back?
Dyno Tuning, you're looking at 125$/h for at least 1 hour, probably 2-3.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It all comes down to what you want and how you want to do it.

The piggyback is a great tool. And now that RRM sells the software to tune it, it's just as effective.

Tuning yourself is great and convenient. If you have the time/money/knowhow, it's perfect.

Honestly, I'd say that either route is great. You're getting the exact same results two different ways. The only difference is that the piggyback comes out of the box with the "already done for you" setting if you don't need to tweak yet.