Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Anyone know who this is?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can find info on Proflex here:http://www.proflex-shockabsorbers.com
Old Jan 23, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

cool, welcome to the forums, what have you done to the engine? i noticed you said it " was " stock, it is pretty amazing to see somebody do that with a lancer, I was shocked when i found the pictures.
Rally is a pretty exciting sport, used to watch the wrc all the time when i was growing up in europe, none of the networks in the states seem to carry it so i just watch internet feeds, but it seems like its starting to pick up here in the states lately.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^

speed used to carry it. they just stopped this past year.. moved to nascar. Boooo. haha. It is pickin up in the states, especially with the SCCA backing it.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 01:33 PM

US Rally

Hi guys,

The suspension we use is this: Proflex struts that we got from Intrax Suspension in California, (great guys!) that are double adjustable using stock front lower control arms, custom made rear control arms, and OZ hubs. We have to change the rear hubs about every three races.

The brakes are off an EVO 6 and are just plain assume! We use Padgid brake pads, expensive but we have never had a problem and we torture the brakes.

The motor is basicly a stock motor with cam timing gears, header, custom intake and ported head. I also filled the motor mounts with urethane to stiffen them a little.

Shifter is a unit from a rally supplier in Japan. I don't know who made it originally but it has very short throws and sits about 6 inches taller than the stock unit.

If you guys have any questions, post them and I will try and answer them.

SCCA got out of the rally business a couple of years ago. They still sanction rallycross, but no real rallies.

If anyone would like to try it you can run your street car on street cars in a rallycross without screwing up your dd. It's a cheap way to try your hand in the dirt without spending a ton of money. But be warned, once you try it you WILL be addicted and it can easily take all your money. Just ask my wife .

You guys are getting me motivated to get a web site going. I guess I will finally need to learn how to do that.

I need to put in a good word for my sponsors, Intrax suspension had everything from full blown rally suspension for your Evo to springs for your ES. Great guys. The other people who have helped my a ton are Streetwise and RMM. Both are great groups. Highly recomended.

Sponsrship opportunities are available!

Thanks
Brad

Last edited by Brad M; Jan 26, 2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Where is this Sandblast event? Plus, if the price is right I do have a set of OZs for yah...

Last edited by SLVROZ_03; Jan 24, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

I emailed Intrax about available struts, and this is what they had to say... Yes, we offer the same setup we developed for Rhys Millens old group 2 car. They are Proflex shocks “Evo 2” version with single roller bearing design and are 3 way adjustable Hi/Low Compression and Hi speed on Rebound. They are fully rebuildable and come with some basic service parts for your own use between events. The Group A style setup comes with Aluminum bearing mounts and sell for US $8000.00. If you want the Group N style with the Rubber mounts it will run you $7200.00. Lead time currently is about 8 weeks and we require a 50% deposit to start production.
Hope this answers your questions.

Best Regards,
-Scott Hartmann-
INTRAX Suspension Technology, Inc.
Ph: (949) 252-0800
Fax: (949) 252-0840
Web: www.intraxsuspension.com
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:43 AM

SandBlast is in Cheraw South Carolina on Feb 16 -17th. If you guys want a great way to get involved contact Anders Green at the race web site and volunteer to help. That way you can work the stage, get to know the rally people (fun group) and get to see racing up close. The web site is SandblastRally.com.

PM on what you want for the wheels.

Thanks
Brad M