Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Base lancer to Evo parts Compatability thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so if i read this correctly seat brackets for an evo will be a direct fit for the 04 lancer
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:37 AM

Do evo sideskirts fit the 02 lancer with minimal modification?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:39 AM

06 Evo 9 GSR Dash Trim Clock

Hey i am new to this site as wanted to purchase a 06 Evo 9 GSR Carbon Fiber Dash Trim w/ Clock for my 05 Ralliart. I've compared pics and it looks like there the same size. Just wondering if anyone has done this before.

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Radiator

Anyone try an evo radiator in a 2003 OZ yet? I want to get a nice 3-row one, and wanted to check in on any issues first.

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jwick76
Anyone try an evo radiator in a 2003 OZ yet? I want to get a nice 3-row one, and wanted to check in on any issues first.

Thanks!
I have a mishimoto radiator in my 02 es so it should work. It from a evo 7-9
Old Jul 6, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some Random Additional Info:
  • Door window motors and the complete window rail and lift assembly swap between lancers and evo's. This is more helpful to the Evo guys who break or lose a window motor and want to buy the cheaper lancer setup to replace with. The door windows also swap between cars as well. (Swapped a complete lancer window rail lift assembly into one of my Evo's, saved $45'ish.)
  • Evo & Lancer AC units do swap with minor modification. The pulleys are different sizes but remove a bolt and a c-clip and you can swap one pulley over to the other because the clutch housings are both the same. Same plugs, same mounting, oem belt, and works like a charm. The AC hard lines run different routes so its best to use the lines intended for your car. (Swapped an Evo AC pump onto my wifes Lancer ES to avoid buying a new AC pump.)

There wasn't a lot of info about not being able to swap the rear sway bar from the evo to the lancer other then they didn't work, so if anyone is interested to know its an issue with the whole design. The control arms between the two are completely different leaving you with two different end link mounting locations with one car being mounted upward and the other mounting downward. The sway bars on top of that are not shaped anything like each other and aim to different mounting locations. Rear sway bar can not be swapped with out heavy modifications.

Last edited by Live4Redline; Jul 6, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

subscribed.

great info. thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:24 PM

Okay Guyz here is my own experience, I already installed Mistsubishi Lancer Evo 8 Speedometer on a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX and it fits perfectly for all gauges except only one thing is the ABS light. ABS light stay on all the time, checked the ABS through SCAN tool but if gives no error. I think there is a cause of wrong pin assignement but I do not know why ???? if any one can help about that it will be highly appreciated.
Here is the pic for the speedometer....
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:25 PM

^^here you can see the ABS warning light on in yellow
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great info in this thread!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaxRalliArt
Okay Guyz here is my own experience, I already installed Mistsubishi Lancer Evo 8 Speedometer on a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX and it fits perfectly for all gauges except only one thing is the ABS light. ABS light stay on all the time, checked the ABS through SCAN tool but if gives no error. I think there is a cause of wrong pin assignement but I do not know why ???? if any one can help about that it will be highly appreciated.
Here is the pic for the speedometer....

The evo cluster does not set off the abs light unless there is something wrong with the cluster or wrong with your car. Everything operates fine with the swap with the exception with the cruise control light now displays as the evo intercooler sprayer light.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Info: Someone already mentioned that the rear strut tower bar does not swap but in case your wandering... The rear evo struts are taller and the tips mount higher in the car becouse of it. If you will, the tire well in the trunk is bubble shaped and with the non-evo lancer they cut into it to mount the struts while the evo struts are not cut out and mount into the curve. At the same time despite the two diffrent locations of where the struts mount, the evi bolt pattern is slightly twisted while the Lancer is parallel.

Question: So any of the front knuckles swap into the Lancer to allow for evo brembo use much like what the 2G Eclipse guys do?

DIY - Install Brembos on 2G Eclipse

Last edited by Live4Redline; Jul 14, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Info: The 2G Eclipse GSX Duel Piston Front Brake Calipers (only the 2G GSX ones) fit on my OZ-Rally. I had read a snip-it that someone said they might work but I couldn't find a post on it, and I wasn't sure if it was just the ralliart or not. The stock rotors are too small and don't reach the new pad sufface area. If I had to guess the Galant VR4 turbo rotors should bolt up but my brakes came with a set of 2G Eclipse drilled/slotted rotors and I opted to simply get them drilled for the 4x114. Fit great behind my 16" wheels and cleared my stock 15" OZ Wheels. To finish the swap I then moddified the stock Lancer banjo bolt slightly to fit the New brakes and tada New upgraded brakes.

Last edited by Live4Redline; Jul 24, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Info: The steering wire spendle behind the steering wheel swaps over in case you break yours and need anouther. The Evo spendle does not have a connection for cruise control and the blinker and wiper handles DO NOT WORK properly. But if you swap in your Lancer ones via the two tabs it ends up working great.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Spent some time on the alignment rack and just wanted to post some info...

Im running Evo front struts with oz rally rear struts and Tien H-Tech springs. The Evo struts run a camber bolt setup that if you read the book has two settings at 1degree and 2degree of camber pending the direction of the arrow on the bolt. The factory stock Lancer camber is 0.5 and the lancer uses a slotted style strut and standard bolt. The Evo struts with camber bolts set to the 2degree setting was only able to provide me with a max of 1degree of camber in the front. Just a heads up if anyone is looking for any more, you may want to get the upgraded camber bolts.

Quick Reply: Base lancer to Evo parts Compatability thread