Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

How much backpressure ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation How much backpressure ?

Ok guys i need some suggestions on exhaust modifications .

Right now on my car i currently have ;
RRM Pulley
Kamikazi header/downpipe
RRM Test pipe
custom K&N Intake with 3 inch piping / Injen heat shield
Solid front and rear motor mount
Ported runners and Tb side 4G93 intake manifold
Magnaflow 2.25 catback
4G93 camshaft

Well the problem i am having is that the car was running great . Car felt pretty fast (Compaired to stock )with really good low end and top end hitting 100 plus with ease . But i was running the stock catback with everything else . I thought about getting a catback so i got the Magnaflow for slightly better topend and what i got was a whole new story . As soon as i put it on reset the ecu and let it relearn it car feels sluggish and alot slower all around the power band .

Also the car is not tunned which is should since i could smell gas threw the exhaust before and after .

My question is do i need to tune it with the exhaust or just go back to how i was before ?

I also plan on putting a Evo throttle body and 504 maf sensor .

Thanks !
Antonio
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lancers dont come with catbacks lol, think its a typo.. why did u reset the eco after u put the exaust on ?.. did u drive for a few days to feel how it is
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
lancers dont come with catbacks lol, think its a typo.. why did u reset the eco after u put the exaust on ?.. did u drive for a few days to feel how it is
I think thats a typo. The term cat back refers to catalytic converter on back. And the stock exhaust does unbolt from the back of the cat so...

Whether its an after market or not is another story.

Any breather mods, you are supposed to reset the ECU so he had it right there

But on topic honestly, I think you may have just a bit too little back pressure now.
back when I was NA, I had RRM header Magna catback and stock cat and things were peachy. So my set up was similar to yours but you now have the Kami down pipe which may be bigger than stock so that leads me to believe its opened up just a little too much.

Are you sure you let the ECU relearn properly?