Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer scores "fair" with Consumer Reports

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2002, 03:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still dunno what they hell they're talking about as far as interior noise though... I heard about as much road noise in my Lancer (when it was stock) as I did in my father's Cadillac. It was damn near silent with the windows up. I don't get that one. My Grand Am was (and is) louder. I've been in some of the cars that tested better...I'm not saying they weren't quiet, but certainly not quitER...Maybe they forgot to roll the windows up on the Lancer?

Anyway...that's what they get for testing an LS. Shoulda done an ES or OZ.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 03:42 AM

Originally posted by Mordeth
Now, I personally think he is offbase and incorrect specifically about CR, but that is just my own opinion. He also applies different criteria to CR as he does to JD Powers(why not claim JD Powers is altering their research? Why just CR? Because CR disagrees with what he says and not JD?) And finally it would do his argument better if he would acknowledge the fact that he is wrong in a few areas, and bring some further credibility to his argument(just my suggestion there).
The only reason I haven't questioned J.D. Power's findings is that it was out of their hands they weren't personally testing the cars and finding faults with them. They were sending out surveys to people when the car gets registered. Does this mean they couldn't have tampered with the findings? Who knows... Maybe they did. My problem with Consumer Reports is stuff like this
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/...in181410.shtml
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=4733

You are absolutely correct Mordeth. It all comes down to opinion, if Consumer Reports thinks the car is fair, cool... its a $14k car what do you expect? I just have issues with them on another level. Any two people can look at the Lancer and have completely different opinons. Some 16 year old might look at it and think to himself how good it would look with 18's and an EVO body kit and a domestic lover might look at it like a peice of crap... Its just someones opinion.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 03:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Interesting articles. Points to take into consideration.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Excellent articles. Especially the latter. I agree nothing is bulletproof however, CR is as bulletproof as product review gets.