Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.
View Poll Results: should speedcorps design a full cop setup for the lancer?
Yes that'd be awesome
33.33%
No its a waste of time
66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone interested in cop setup for the 02-06?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone interested in cop setup for the 02-06?

Just gauging interest in this as Ive have a few requests, I have the means to design a cop setup using the dodge 2.7 coils the same ones they use for certain evo coil on plug setups, I just wanna see what you guys think , what material for the plate carbon fiber? aluminum ? these will be plug and play bolt the plate down then simply unplug your old coil plugs and plug the harness into the cop harness no hacking wires .

Last edited by turbolancer02; May 20, 2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old May 20, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry, but it's a waste of time and money. Our coils can support the current power levels of the strongest Lancer. A more efficient setup is to keep with a wasted spark setup and use a DSM coil and DSM ignitor with 93-96 Mirage plug wires. This setup is good to around 600whp and would cost less than $150 to put together depending on your resourcefulness.

However, don't let me stop you from building the setup for yourself or those that would like to have it. I'm simply voicing my opinion and knowledge.

Pete
Old May 20, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry but what exactly is a cop setup????
Old May 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slatermvp
I'm sorry but what exactly is a cop setup????
COP = Coil On Plug. Basically instead of having 2 coils on cylinders 2 and 4, there would be coils on each cylinder so each plug has its own coil for spark. Quick search will give you an idea of how Evos run this setup.
Old May 20, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

got it thanks senate. I understand the coil on plug but the acronym threw me off.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Ah, Pete I kinda think your on the right track , I cant see it being a hot ticket item , so maybe not a mass production thing on them but for those that really want it I'll make a few I guess ,

Kinda off topic but is there anything you guys wanna see produced thats ridicuously expensive or not made at all, Just stuff strictly for the lancers?
Old May 21, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbolancer02
Ah, Pete I kinda think your on the right track , I cant see it being a hot ticket item , so maybe not a mass production thing on them but for those that really want it I'll make a few I guess ,

Kinda off topic but is there anything you guys wanna see produced thats ridicuously expensive or not made at all, Just stuff strictly for the lancers?
Like I said, I'm not trying to discourage you from making them. I'm simply stating that unless you have a 500whp+ Lancer, there is no necessity to the setup (other than looks) and no power to be made from it. And if you are making above 350whp or so you should be running a coil/igniter setup for your reliable spark.

I'm sure many can agree with me when I say that a mass produced sheetmetal intake manifold is long overdo. A few members have tried and made their own, but none of them really hit the nail on the head in terms of a solid design.

I would also like to see a higher capacity lower oil pan produced. I have lots of CAD drawings I've thrown together for these and other parts if you'd be interested.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, a nice IM would be good. I also think a reliable source for a turbo manifold would help out. I know it was tried in the past and some things fell through thus kinda killing the project. From what I hear a guy or two will make one for you but then again, thats a guy. About this stage in the 02-03's life is where you can get it cheap and turbo options should be out there. Not just a $5000 kit that pops up in a search
Old May 21, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
Yeah, a nice IM would be good. I also think a reliable source for a turbo manifold would help out. I know it was tried in the past and some things fell through thus kinda killing the project. From what I hear a guy or two will make one for you but then again, thats a guy. About this stage in the 02-03's life is where you can get it cheap and turbo options should be out there. Not just a $5000 kit that pops up in a search
we are are a reliable source GB we sell a turbo exhaust manifold that lets you bolt up an evo 8 turbo to a 4g94 there still available and still being made you can pm me for details ...

after looking at my hideously designed stock I/m I agree a nice I/m would be a good direction ...what do you think people would pay for one ?

Pete on the oilpan I can easily make an extended pickup and deeper lower oil pan thats like a 2 day project if that , I just need a few people on board to cover it , But if your the only one that needs one we can work something out

I can literally build a specific fit turbo kit for the lancer for around $2k give or take but you would need to source a good turbo yourself as I refuse to put my name on chinese knockoff junk, Im not sure where these guys are getting there 5k universal junk from but I can guarentee there pocketing 3/4 of that
Old May 21, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

I know I would pay $350-$450 for a sheetmetal intake manifold. Cost of parts alone would run about $225-$325.

As for the extended oil pickup I am definitely interested. However, I do not just want a spacer to sit between the upper and the lower to increase the capacity. I want a redesigned and higher capacity lower oil pan.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by senate6268
I know I would pay $350-$450 for a sheetmetal intake manifold. Cost of parts alone would run about $225-$325.

As for the extended oil pickup I am definitely interested. However, I do not just want a spacer to sit between the upper and the lower to increase the capacity. I want a redesigned and higher capacity lower oil pan.
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly would a higher capacity oil pan accomplish?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly would a higher capacity oil pan accomplish?
Slightly better cooling through heat dissipation on the pan from increased surface area. But also making sure that there is zero oil starvation under the most extreme of driving conditions.