Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

03 Lancer ES Body Kit

Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Lancer ES Body Kit

Hello, im ordering a body kit for my 03 Lancer ES and i was wondering, because i went to Ebay and the titles of the kits that look good say 03 Evo blah blah.. i was wondering if the body dimensions for the 03 evo and the 03 lancer are different..
Old Jun 2, 2010, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well before they start flaming you for wanting to put a body kit on your car instead of saving money for a turbo and/or suspension work, I'll answer your question.

NO.

The 2003 Evo is NOT compatible or similar (in fitment) to a lancer. However, that being said, there are LANCER kits that are called EVO kits because they are styled after the EVO look. Simply put, they make your LANCER look similar to a EVO, but EVO body kits will NOT FIT your LANCER. (OK, they CAN fit, but it would cost thousands in labor to modify it to do so....)

Good luck with the eBay kits as the quality can vary widely to great fitting, to "What the Hell! this cant be for my car?!" Just be prepared to have a lot of prep work going into them before they can be mounted and painted to match your car. (Please tell me and everyone that you WILL be painting them to match your car... lol ) Or you will definitely get ridiculed right out the door. (For good reason, that just looks SOO bad!)

If you are still willing to give eBay a try, search for "Lancer Body Kit" with either "03" or "2003" along with it. Then open the listing and verify that it is for a 2002-2003 Lancer. If you find that, you should be good. example: 02-03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo type/style Body kit. That might be an example of what you have seen. But if you are looking on ebay you will mostly find the

1.) Walker Kit
2.) Ken Style Kit (I have the Ken Style on my Car.)
3.) Apex Kit.
4.) Evo 7 Kit.

You will find others of course but those are the most common ones. MOST IMPORTANT though is open the listing, and LOOK AT THE CAR. If you can say, "Thats my Car, only tricked out a little" you should be good. (If you cant tell from a pic that its a car just like yours with a body kit on it, then youre probably in trouble.... )

Good luck and Happy
Old Jun 3, 2010, 05:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is the Search body kit. It looks great on any car.