Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.
View Poll Results: which system?
GReddy Catback
47.47%
Magnaflow Catback
49.49%
Other
3.03%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

GReddy Catack or Magnaflow Catback?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2003, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Rawdog5581
I have the Greddy Evo Cat Back Exhaust. It's one of the best sounding exhausts for the Lancer in my opinion. I have heard a bunch of them too. I had the Magnaflow Axleback before the Greddy. Loved the Magnaflow too. Only reason why I upgraded was because the Greddy is a Catback with a bigger tip. I am sure the Magnaflow Catback will sound great too. But if you mean whether to get the Magnaflow Axleback, or Greddy Catback go with Greddy. Or just wait for the Magnaflow Catback.
actually, this is about comparing the greddy and magnaflow catback systems. the magnaflow catback already released... group buy is here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=49466

$350 shipped. i'll get in on this if it's still goin on when i get my tax return =)
Old Nov 19, 2003, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by kensuke

actually, this is about comparing the greddy and magnaflow catback systems. the magnaflow catback already released... group buy is here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=49466

$350 shipped. i'll get in on this if it's still goin on when i get my tax return =)
I knew that I thought the original autor of the post was comparing the Greddy to the Magnaflow Axelback. Wasn't exactly sure that's all.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Go with greddy stainless...it could be louder but its perfect for our cars....perfect.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

go greddy.. i went greddy... but been 2 weeks now and they still have not shipped to me yet.. im friggin pissed plus i have to run my turbo straight off the downpipe now.. hella loud.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

get custom piping made yourself..thats what i did. 2.5 inch mandrel bent turbo back exhaust with a magnaflow rsx muffler. i think im the only lancer out there with a full 2.5 turbo back exhaust... its just cheaper that why i think :P
Old Nov 22, 2003, 11:35 AM

Bang for the buck, get the manaflow... Greddy is nice, but your paying for a name in this game.

EDIT>>> ESpecially for a non turbo application.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard that one of the guys from RRM said that the 2.25" piping is perfect for our lancers cuz our engine output isn't enough to cover for the 2.5". Even with a turbo.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

well, i have the GReddy, and its awesome. Very nice deep sound to it. Im not sure how the magnaflow sounds.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

i think the picture u showed for mangaflow was just axel back?

but anywho, i went to a shop and got custom 2.25" piping and a magnalfow muffler for 420$ with installation and everything. I think its very nice, and love it. its not that loud at all... well i have a test pipe now and its pretty loud, but even with what i did it was still cheaper than the greddy one and i didnt have to hassle with all the welding myself and such.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 07:52 AM

As for which exhaust is better-If you are talking about HP and sound, I think the differences are negligible. Now if you are talking about looks then the Greddy is the way to go. The way that tip extends off the cannister of the magnaflow is butt ugly. If I were you though, I'd forget the exhaust until I made the car faster. Turbo charge the car or something before you go getting an exhaust. Why would you put a performance exhaust on a Lancer ES unless you have modified the engine? A performance exhaust on a NA Lancer ES is going to give you minimal HP gain. I'm not trying to hate on ES Lancers but a nice exhaust on a slow car doesn't get you street cred as far as I'm concerned. Power and handling before looks and sound always!

Last edited by ryukyuhapa3; Nov 23, 2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not every body has the funds to spruce up their engine so quickly or to buy an evo. I'm not turbo charging mine yet but ya betta beleive i'm getting my exhaust.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:58 AM

If you have funds for a greddy exhaust, then you have the funds to start work on that engine. I didn't say go buy an EVO- I realize that not everybody can afford an EVO but you should start with the engine. You can get a good turbo-charger kit for about two grand. With some diligent saving, anyone can accomplish that. If times are so hard you can't come up with two grand in a few months then you shouldn't be buying a performance exhaust in the first place.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Greddy!!! If your really a Japanese car lover and tuner, you know you gotta get Greddy.. Tho Magnaflow is a decent and respectable brand.. Id still pick Greddy over it.. Just my opinion
Old Nov 27, 2003, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

get a turbo.. then get greddy.. .. btw i got my greddy on now and it sounds tight
Old Nov 27, 2003, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

doesn't the greddy supposedly melt our bumpers??

Quick Reply: GReddy Catack or Magnaflow Catback?