Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Disassemble Master Power Window Switch?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disassemble Master Power Window Switch?

(First off, I did do a search...searched for a good 30 or so minutes but no one seems to have any instructions on how to accomplish this)

Okay so over the past few days I have been installing red bulbs into my dash to change my interior lights to red to match my new stereo deck that I put in today.

Considering i'm the kind of person that if I don't have all of the interior lights visible red and I just have one stray green/blue stock light it'll bug me.

So I took to disassembling the Master Power Window Switch on my 03 Lancer Oz so I could use a paint marker and paint the little bulb red. Everything went apart fine but when I got to this part, (Sorry for bad image quality)

I ran into a problem. The light I need to paint is on the other side of the circuit board and the button that makes all the windows locked from the passengers is what is keeping it from being removed.

This is what it looks like when the circuit board is where it normally sits,

This is what it looks like when I try to remove the circuit board,

Does anyone know how to remove that button so I can slide the circuit board out so i can gain access to the light?

I need an answer/ideas asap considering I will be putting my car back together later today...and no I haven't really tried pulling on the button to remove it because I don't want to break it because I don't know if you can actually remove it.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nvm it just pops off like I thought it would, but I didn't want to just go straight ahead and pull it off and break it.