Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Getting SRI dont now which one...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2004, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting SRI dont now which one...HELP!!

yea im looking to get a new exhuast and short ram intake in about 2 weeks and to tell you the truth ive only found so far one short ram intake for a automatic lancer(the road//race one) just wondering is there any other SRI's out there besides the road/race and if not does the road/race one do a good job? Plus im looking to get a exhaust cat back system and i think i may get the greddy one at road//race would that be a good choice?? just wondering thanks

jeff

2003 lancer es (its auto so shut up)
Old Mar 20, 2004, 09:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Greddy is a great choice. There are others, though.

Rhys Millen Racing has a great SRI that even uses the stock air funnel.

Buschur Racing also makes both an SRI and catback exhaust. They were having a sale recently, so you can see if that's still in effect.

All three companies sell great parts. And there is also Ebay. Some people argue that you get the same performance for cheaper.

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Mar 20, 2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the rmr intake... but my homeboy has the injen intake... i like mine but when you open his hood it just looks way cooler hahahaha
Old Mar 20, 2004, 12:13 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

sri- injen, rhys millen racing (rmr), aem, road race motorsports (rrm), buschur racing, weapon-r, ebay.

catbacks- magnaflow, greddy, dc sports, thremal R&D, obx, buschur racing (custom pipping w/ magnaflow muffler).

i think the best advice would be to pick a company you like (research), then search the net to find the best price. hope that helps.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

RMR
Old Mar 20, 2004, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

i think i am goin to go with weapon r

its something different and i want to try it out
Old Mar 21, 2004, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

well i like greddy alot i think they have nice products but i want your opinion on rrm SRI, is it really worth 150$ and since im getting a exhaust and intake how much louder will my car sound compared to my stock one. do any of you fellow lancer owners actually have this GReddy "Evolution" Series Catback Exhaust on there car? any comments on it??

thanks jeff
Old Mar 21, 2004, 11:15 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Rob carefully engineered the MAS adaptor for the Road Race Motorsports sri, making it be kind of a venturi to speed up incoming air. I have the RMR model which is flat. Although I am still curious myself as to how much of a difference there is, if I were to go back, I'd probably get the Road Race one instead. And the cf heat shield looks cool too!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

K guys, I got the cash. And Im down to making a decision between these two.

Injen SRI with heatshield model: IS1830
- Looks really nice, but costs a bit more. Plus the design on that heatshield is a little iffy
http://www.neweclipse.org/images/newinjen3.jpg
(though it does look really good)

K&N typhoon model: 69-6540TR
- Cheaper, plus you gotta trust the brand. They say it comes with a heatshield but I havent seen any pics on the site.

AEM says they have an SRI coming soon... I cant wait that long though. So can you guys give me some tips on which to get?

I also run an Auto lancer(2004) btw.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

arm07 im having the some problem your are having i got a 03 auto lancer and i cant decided which SRI to get also. I seem to like the RRM(www.roadracemotorsports.com) one. Plus it isnt that expensive like 150$. I'm going to buy it in two weeks so once i get it installed i could let you now how it sounds. well anyone have a evoloution series catback exhaust for there lancer? i just want to now does it make my car sound really loud(thats what i want) well thanks

-jeff
Old Mar 22, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

the greddy catback is well worth the money. gotta love the sound.. not to loud but nice and deep. only loud around low rpm ranges (1-2.5k rpms) then the sri kicks in at 3k rpms. good, noticeable gains when you put the two mods in..
Old Mar 22, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Hey yo, one last question from the newbie. Im pretty much set on the K&N typhoon. But one thing I need to know.
"2003 MITSUBISHI Lancer Automotive 2.0L L4 F/I exc. EVO 69-6540TR Typhoon Kit (SR)"

What does F/I mean? fuel injection? forced induction? I dunno. I run an 04' OZ Lancer non-turbo. This is the right intake and model number for me right? thx.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 04:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FI would be fuel injection.

If it was forced induction, your search for a non-turbo would have excluded it.