Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2015 Lancer SE AFR Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2020, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Lancer SE AFR Issues

Hey guys,
​​​​​​
I've been having issues with my AFR after installing a ram air intake.

When I'm sitting idle my AFR is sitting at 16:1 when everything I read it's normal idle is 14.7:1. I have checked every inch of vacuum hose and any other leak points and there is nothing leaking. When I'm moving and cruising the AFR will drop to 14.2-14.8 during acceleration and once I'm cruising at about 50mph it raises to about 15.2-15.5 and sits there until I slow or punch the gas.

Others suggested check the breather as excess air can get in there but it's all metered after the MAF and sealed tight.

I will take any help or suggestions you guys can think of
Old Jun 7, 2020, 02:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
What usually happens after you install these devices is what you have discovered ,.your AFR goes out of whack considerably.
Why
The ECU isn't calibrated to it with the MAF settings
Hence the car runs lean as hell.
This is why the manufacturer tell you why when you install it your performance and economy will improve.
Either put the stock airbox back in or get the ECU returned to suit the new intake
Old Jun 7, 2020, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bumblebee.4G69
What usually happens after you install these devices is what you have discovered ,.your AFR goes out of whack considerably.
Why
The ECU isn't calibrated to it with the MAF settings
Hence the car runs lean as hell.
This is why the manufacturer tell you why when you install it your performance and economy will improve.
Either put the stock airbox back in or get the ECU returned to suit the new intake
Thanks for giving a response so quickly. That seems to be the only options I can think of.

Sadly I can't seem to find any shop or accessories like an access port cable that will support the SE's ECU. Looks like it's stock air box or ECU swap at this point. I'm in the Denver area and can find like 6 tuning shops close by but all say the SE isn't tunable, is it common everywhere or are Colorado shops just weird?
​​​​