Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer OZ 0 to 60mph?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2002, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes tens of thousands.....its going to be maad loot ot convert this car to have an evo motor.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 04:50 AM

another idea is to buy a galant and drop in a v6 twin turbo engine. make it a VR4 except without the AWD , so it im stuck between buy a galant and convert to VR4, or turbo charge a oz. help me decide guys. oh and dont tell about engine swao costs and whatever. thats not a factor for me. just want your opinions
Old Sep 12, 2002, 04:55 AM

the guy where im getting the engine from is stolen so i dont care 2 grand installed canadian
Old Sep 12, 2002, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

why dont u juss by an evo rather then spend time getting the engine and droppin it in..besides the evo looks better and has more features then a OZ id say spend a few thousands more and get an evo... thats juss me
Old Sep 12, 2002, 05:29 AM

Ya i was thinking of waiting for the evo, but ever since i saw the new galant VR4, i was thinkin to buy a new galant and drop in that twin turbo V6, and i want to throw on the body kit to make it look like this Euro VR4
Attached Thumbnails Lancer OZ 0 to 60mph?-galant_vr4a.jpg  
Old Sep 12, 2002, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

i dunno what kind of image u want. if u want something that looks fast and is fast, get the lancer. if you are looking for more of a sleeper go for the galant. slap on a supercharger and you're str8. power is there, now u got to worry about all that chirping in the tires...
Old Sep 12, 2002, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

who keeps lying saying they can get above 60 in 2nd? big lie. You get fit a soundperfomance 60 series turbo in the lancer. had a chance to buy a used one and suspended it just to see if the hood would close etc. it will fit. sequential turbos are usally the t3's and you could definetly fit two in there, piping would be tricky but quit sayin how friggin impossible everything is. That only holds people back from trying. to Molto Mario, get the Galant or wait for an EVO, if you are worried about the danger or tc'ing a 4g94.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 08:13 AM

thanks for the tips
Old Oct 10, 2002, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Pimpson
piping would be tricky but quit sayin how friggin impossible everything is. That only holds people back from trying.
I must agree and add that we all have a passion for cars. Some like speed, some like looks or whatever. If we work together, and not knock someone for a "wacky" idea, better things will happen.

If money is no object, and you bought a Lancer to go excessively quick, be patient and go to good performance people in your area. Doing it yourself with suggestions here is not the place.

Speed increase = Need for bigger stopping power, tires to keep you on the road, rigity to the frame so your car doesn't break from the stress.... etc.

Lets stop talking about ONLY total Hp because all those ponies may get you 0-60 faster but what about when something gets in your way?

Old Oct 10, 2002, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Not that I am knocking any knowledge here but getting a 120Hp motor to 300 is not for an amateur. Go to a pro and dump the money to do it safe. No one wants to spend more money after they break something......
Old Oct 10, 2002, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Pimpson
to the guy who doesn't have to shift to 3rd until 65, wtf did you do to the car? I can hit like 60 maybe if I push into the redline area.
My car redlines at 65 maybe 64 and then wham 3rd gear.....

I will post a link to the video of when i did this. It Is possible why do some people think I am lying.
What do I have to prove here...nothing thats what.
I do not lie about the performance of my vehicle...yes i was slammed by a vette, yes I was slammed by a ferarri, and yes i was slammed by a gto, big deal..Im not driving a lambo after all.

I can however outrun a ford focus and a honda civic...dont know which model it was though and I was not about to try and look while doing 110mph on I-74

Last edited by OZ_Rally; Oct 10, 2002 at 08:09 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2002, 05:56 AM

wow this thread is unbelievable u guys must be rich,the one's who are doing the engine swaps goodluck anyways
Old Oct 11, 2002, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

I hope someone can pull off a engine swap with success...heck even a tranny swap with a tranny that can handle mored hp

You think B&M or someone else would make a after market tranny , havent found a car yet that can not be fit with a after market unit...you just have to improve on the performance level
Old Oct 12, 2002, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Pointless pointless. Turbo the motor, upgrade the clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate. If you want mad boost, gut the internals and toss in your shot peened, forged, etc. rods and pistons. Decompress the block...psh. I could go on. The practicality and cost of an engine swap are so outweighed by simply using what's already available.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 02:02 AM

DAMN SKIPPY preach on brother

Quick Reply: Lancer OZ 0 to 60mph?