Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How to remove entire dashboard easily?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove entire dashboard easily?

Has anyone taken out their entire Lancer Dashboard? I can't finds any "main bolt points". I cant find anything on Mitchell's on demand either. I have taken off the front plastic pieces and painted them but i was wondering if anyone knew how to take the whole thing becuase i want to fiberglass my entire dash. i will have pix up soon of my fiberglassed door panels i made. thank you
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

There are only about a dozen screws involved in taking out the entire dashboard, and half of them are in the center part of the console and dash. It's almost all clips.

EDIT: Unless you mean THE WHOLE dash...as in EVERY frikkin' piece of plastic in front of the steering wheel and everything that holds in all those panels you painted. In which case I dunno what to tell you.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Jan 17, 2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

dude - fiberglass dash! you are my hero! i painted my plastics too.......check my sig for my ride.....anyways.....

never torn the whole thing apart on our lancers...but my guess is the bolts are where your knees would be.....they are that way on the cars ive done this too........jsut a guess tho.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ItsTheDriver13
dude - fiberglass dash! you are my hero! i painted my plastics too.......check my sig for my ride.....anyways.....

never torn the whole thing apart on our lancers...but my guess is the bolts are where your knees would be.....they are that way on the cars ive done this too........jsut a guess tho.
How hard was it to paint ur dash...ive never done this...kinda scared. On the cubby hole section did u have to do a lot of sanding or did u leave it textured? Looks sweet!
Hw hard is to take piece that goes across the vents I have only taken the radio part off and the shifter area. Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I left my cubby textured, but I'll probably redo a few parts and sand them next time. Painting is easy though. What Grnd is asking about is a lot more complicated if I understand him correctly.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

yea - there is another thread for dashboard painting, so without hyjacking this thread....the vents pop off if i remember correctly. didnt sand the cubby. i figured it wasnt going to get alot of use, so chippage is not too likely.

thanks for the compliment

and i cant wait to see the fiberglass dash. get some neon in there that pulses with the stereo...it will be awesome! lol
Old Jan 19, 2005, 09:49 PM

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to remove the "entire dash" i notice alot of the metric grade 4 bolts look like main bolt points... painting the dash pieces were easy. I just used a fine grit snadpaper for smoothhness then threw on some krylon fusion spray paint. it's made for plastic. 4 bucks a can at wal-mart. My rear door panels are finally finished (fiberglass). I'm trying to find time for finishing the front doors then i'm going make a fiberglass shell where my back seats used to be, then i'm going to make a fiberglass headliner, and i'll finish up with a matching dashboard. HUGE WEIGHT REDUCTION. if you have any question on easy cheap performance stuff to do on your own just ask me i've done quite a bit myself.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

is fiber glass really lighter than the headliner?
Old Jan 20, 2005, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

post a pic of your project!
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

i 2nd that request!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 06:30 PM

I finally have everything strippeds out of my car... The headliner is finished , and yes i put them on a scale and the fiberglass is a little more than half a pound lighter than the headliner (lol) but it looks 10 times cooler. The door panels are done and my dash is what i have to finish. Once finished i will post pictures for all to see. the fiberglassing part is fun, the sanding part is a real pain. But it's worth it. Thanx for all the replies!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Wow! All I can say is Wow! I may indeed have motivation/inspiration to suade my dashboard. Awesome!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

/\/\/\/\ Dreamartist that is the funniest Icon that ive ever seen!!
Old Mar 7, 2005, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

no pics yet????? all talk...
Old Mar 7, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

All talk, yes. I'm still waiting for some more of that motivation. Ya know... suade. Is it suade? seude? suede? aww... nevermind. You get the idea. And, yes, I love the icon as well. I got reved up once by a 'JDMDC5' 'honda integra type-r' (It was really just a plain ol' RSX-S) when I was on the 80 in San Fran. I found the icon on some laugh@rice website and I decided to make it my own.

Quick Reply: How to remove entire dashboard easily?