Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How To: black out headilghts on 04 (LOTS OF PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ooo ive always wanted new covers to replace the orange lenses. u have any extra? :-D
Old Apr 2, 2006, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont feel like cuttin it up and shipping but i got the whole piece from home depot for 11$ i know its alot for 2 little pieces but it looks way better
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:59 PM

ok its finished and i have no bumper at the moment but i placed it back on just for the pictures, i have a bodykit from accolade on the way, should be in tomorrow. thats y the bumper is so dirty... i see no need to wash it beings im not using it.

Old Apr 3, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOT!
aww man i dont have any dremel tools or drills at home so i guess i cant really do it..

i think you should now follow the direction to make the front signal your daytime light, those look really nice.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:37 PM

if only i woulda thought sooner i would have putten the angeleyes lights around my signals. but my headlights are done and im too lazy to cook them again
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by flatlandjuggalo
ok its finished and i have no bumper at the moment but i placed it back on just for the pictures, i have a bodykit from accolade on the way, should be in tomorrow. thats y the bumper is so dirty... i see no need to wash it beings im not using it.
You should def wash that ***** before putting it up. That way if you wreck your acco. you don't have to drive around ghetto. And all those bugs and **** will spot you bumper since it is white.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:39 PM

i got in a wreck allready, cracked the front bumper on the passenger side. i neede a new bumper so i decided to just get a bodykit. i had the bumper ziptied on but i took it off so i could go get an estimate
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:55 AM

could i paint them red?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 04:28 PM

paint what? the bulbs or housing? both are yes but has to be transparent glass paint for the bulbs
Old May 8, 2006, 10:30 AM

I'm thinkin of doing this to mines this weekend. can anyone tell me exacty all the bolts i need to take off? ima do it to a 03 lancer oz. i wanna make sure i dont accidently leave a bolt on there when i put it in the oven
Old May 8, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

that is nice!!
Old May 8, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

wow, the front end looks great. it would be sweet for you to put a halo around the turn signal areas of the headlights too.
Old May 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by arnold16890
11) apply 3 even coats of primer, wait 15minutes between each application
lol i moved my no-bumper car outside, also kicked my cousin's car out of the garage so i could spray paint~ dont worry, u dont have to take off ur bumper to take out the lights.
hey...saw this write up and was curious as to how the heck you took out the headlights. I know you have your bumper off...but you said that there's no need to take it off to remove the housing.

i had a hard time take out the headlight housing and was unable to do so at the end.

can someone give me tips on how to remove the housing, or would removing the bumper ease the removal?

thanks in advance!
Old May 27, 2006, 08:10 PM

you dont need to remove the bumber. pull the headlight out at an angle. with inner side out first look under the headlight its just barely in there cause if the bottom, push down bumber down just enough so you can slide the headlight. i had a hard time getting mine out the first time, but now i can get them out in seconds.
Old May 27, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the reply..although i notice you have an 03 OZ....I can tell that those seem to be easier to remove than 04+

I'm interested in getting an 04+ headlight out. I'll probably have to wait til next Satruday to try it again. I hope by then someone would have some more ideas on how to take it out.

Quick Reply: How To: black out headilghts on 04 (LOTS OF PICS!)