Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Super Off-Topic N00b Question Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drew02ES
You need a sponser, I'm not really sure how you just "hop in" I'll be a fourth generation mason, most of my family is in one masonic organization or another ( shriners, eastern star, jobies, rainbow, demolay, scottish right )
Im in the York Rite and Scottish Rite.
HaHa "Jobies" I havent heard it called that... Im guessing its Daughters of Job or whatever they call it...?
My Brothers and I started a thing (Taking after a Borther in Floridas idea)
called the "Irish Rite", where after Lodge we go out and get sh!tfaced wherever. (I think Hooters is this month...)
We started it due to the idea that, along History (especially in the Victorian Era), Masons have been known to often drink alot (Fraternally), and would on occassion be seen drunken together walking/stumbling through the streets singing Fraternal Hymns out loud in laughter with eachother, in the evenings while returning from Lodge...
This is just a thing us younger Masons at our Lodges do, cus the older guys have less time to waste... but their always welcome!

Now dont et me put a bad taste in anyones mouth or make the Order look bad; This is really just a way of expressing Fraternity (it doesnt exemplify ALL Lodges and Masons.), and is certainly NOT what Masonry is all about.

Last edited by CityKnight; Dec 2, 2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha

i got suspended from demolay for a year when i was 19. we had a camping trip called WOFAB and about 20 of us got busted drinking, my uncle is a mason and was one of our avisors there, he told me after they sent us home early he and some of the other advisers got smashed with our stuff

edit: yeah, jobies and rainbow girls, we have another word for them but it contridicts our precepter about respecting womanhood =]
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha

i got suspended from demolay for a year when i was 19. we had a camping trip called WOFAB and about 20 of us got busted drinking, my uncle is a mason and was one of our avisors there, he told me after they sent us home early he and some of the other advisers got smashed with our stuff

edit: yeah, jobies and rainbow girls, we have another word for them but it contridicts our precepter about respecting womanhood =]
They drank your ****!!!
When are you comin to Philly boss?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

jan 14th is the tenitive date
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

exactly 1 week before my 21st birthday 8)
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmm... I may not be here, I may be in Florida.
We'll have to see...
Keep in touch tho. Im on MySpace: www.myspace.com/societyofsecrets
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CityKnight
Hmm... this is the "Super Off-Topic N00b Question Thread"
Therefore, its technically "On Topic" to be "Off" the orginal Topic about Intake, Headers, Exhaust, and Gasoline Octanes...
Yet another sign that sarcasm doesn't translate over the Internet.

I just figure that people have some weird need to go off-topic 24-7. So rather than bouncing this to the wolves in OT, I'd let you have some fun for a little while.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

i don't have myspace right now, i'll probably make one with my gf when i get back home though

have fun in FL, were you going? i went to tampa last summer, Ybor is the ****.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
That has nothing to do with the car though, that has to do with the aftermarket support and the fact the civic has been around for what 12 years or so (from a modding standpoint)? Mitsubishi's been in Canada for maybe 5 years, people still confuse my ES for "that car in Gran Turismo". The lancer is just as capable as a civic (a honda that's in its category), the only problem is people are still breaking new terrority with the lancer. Whats been the latest great new achievement in civics? People have been bolting turbos to civics for years, ever since "Fast and the Furious" came out people are damn well obsessed with those cars. A lot of kids in my high school drove "decked out" civics, but so what?
You are right, their is a lot more aftermarket selection for Honda's. But you are generalizing Honda's as all being civics(stock), you have not mentioned an Si, Type R, Gsr, or even a simple Ls. Which would outperform a Lancer. What car are you talking about in Gran Turismo? An Evo? Just because Fast and the Furious used Honda's doesn't meen all Honda's are modded like that. I have respect for all cars and just because mine might be better or worse I do not frown upon them. Oh well im through with this one last statement, "If it aint a Type R, it aint a tyte car!" lol have a nice day everyone love!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aboh6leenz
You are right, their is a lot more aftermarket selection for Honda's. But you are generalizing Honda's as all being civics(stock), you have not mentioned an Si, Type R, Gsr, or even a simple Ls. Which would outperform a Lancer.

base model vs base model lancer is the superior vehicle, if you want to compair the other models then you have to compair it to the mitsu line to... ralliart, evo.. you can't compair a civic si to a lancer es, do you get what i'm saying?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 02:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Next post that uses the word "Civic" or "Honda" gets deleted. Got it?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

base model vs base model lancer is the superior vehicle, if you want to compair the other models then you have to compair it to the mitsu line to... ralliart, evo.. you can't compair a civic si to a lancer es, do you get what i'm saying?
Ok then...

Top Mugen Cars: RSX, NSX, S2000
VS
Top Ralli-Art Car: Evolution MR (and just to be a dick, Ill kick 'em in the ribs a lil' bit more and throw in "FTO")

Mitsubishi Wins Overall.

Last edited by CityKnight; Dec 2, 2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
That has nothing to do with the car though, that has to do with the aftermarket support and the fact the civic has been around for what 12 years or so (from a modding standpoint)? Mitsubishi's been in Canada for maybe 5 years, people still confuse my ES for "that car in Gran Turismo". The lancer is just as capable as a civic (a honda that's in its category), the only problem is people are still breaking new terrority with the lancer. Whats been the latest great new achievement in civics? People have been bolting turbos to civics for years, ever since "Fast and the Furious" came out people are damn well obsessed with those cars. A lot of kids in my high school drove "decked out" civics, but so what?

Kudos!!!

...and I 2nd that!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CityKnight
Ok then...

Top Mugen Cars: RSX, NSX, S2000
VS
Top Ralli-Art Car: Evolution MR (and just to be a dick, Ill kick 'em in the ribs a lil' bit more and throw in "FTO")

Mitsubishi Wins Overall.
you really believe an fto is better then a nsx... I say you can compare it to the integra type r (rsx). I do however love the evo.

okay integra ls (base model) vs lancer es (base model)...
Old Dec 3, 2005, 09:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Jeez. No more Honda vs. Mitsu talk or this gets closed.

Quick Reply: Super Off-Topic N00b Question Thread