Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How to Remove stock bumper???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Remove stock bumper???

im trying to put my new body kit on and i need to know how to take off the back bumer. Ive already got the front and side skirts off, and every screw and plastic snap pin that i can see out of the rear, but i know im missing something because i cant get it off. plz
Old Dec 9, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

anyone?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

I just had my bumper repainted and put it back on today. I'll try to tell you as much as I remember. I have an '03 ES which should be the same. In the trunk you have to remove the small "panel" that is around the trunk latch. Behind it are four screws that (which are part of the bumper) and four nuts (which you need to remove...be careful b/c they could fall down easily into the crack). Then you need to remove the panels on the sides of the trunk which you should find a bolt on each side going into the bumper. Then you should take off your tail lights to make everything easier to remove (two screws on each one and pull gently...then undo harness). Remove the screws on top of the bumper and the two retainer "screws" (stupid plastic crap). Remove the three screws on each side of the wheel well that connect from the bumper to the splash guard. Under the car you need to remove three plastic retainers and then further up two more plastic retainers. Unhook the harness that is for your license plate lights. The tricky part is pulling off your bumper since you have to work around the four screws that went to the trunk that you have to remove the bolts from (which was already done). Pull it towards you and then kind of tilt it up. Make sure you are careful for obvious reasons. That should be it. Best of luck!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

how much are you trying to get for your stock tail lights and grille?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

why dont you post a topic for the stuff you are trying to sell.. i need pics and a price for the OZ kit..