Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Taillight and headlight corner tinting!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Shades is cool and all, but if you ever change your mind, you are screwed.

I recomend what I am getting. go to headlightarmor.com. they have a tail light kit available now. it looks great too. same for the headlights.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:14 PM

i was able to take the NightShade off with some gas on some paper towels, i messed up on the first coat.. i need to get the feel of it.
Attached Thumbnails Taillight and headlight corner tinting!-smokes.jpg   Taillight and headlight corner tinting!-smokes2.jpg  
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:15 PM

haha... not the safest thing but it was on hand and it worked... lights came out real well
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by RC2099
Night Shades is cool and all, but if you ever change your mind, you are screwed.

I recomend what I am getting. go to headlightarmor.com. they have a tail light kit available now. it looks great too. same for the headlights.
You can get it off with some high grit wetordry sandpaper - start with 600 and work up to 2000. Then buff it out with some plastic polish or rubbing compound and they'll look shiny and new.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JGarrett
You can get it off with some high grit wetordry sandpaper - start with 600 and work up to 2000. Then buff it out with some plastic polish or rubbing compound and they'll look shiny and new.

oh, i know that. it is just a pain in the ****, and very time consuming. i just really like the idea of going back to stock in 20 min if need be not 24 to 48 hours. props to thoes who can do this right though, i know how hard it is to paint curved and angled surfaces like this. great job!! I will post pics of the headlight armor when it comes in.

Also, does the nightshades leave a frosted look? it is really hard to see the finish quality in the pics?

thanks for the feed back!

Scott

Last edited by RC2099; Mar 21, 2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 02:50 PM

Also, does the nightshades leave a frosted look? it is really hard to see the finish quality in the pics?

thanks for the feed back!

Scott
I used to have a good comparison picture of my Intrepid vs my Stratus, but lost that a while back in a harddrive crash. When i did my Intrepid, it was straight niteshades, and I was never very happy with the finish (granted, it would have turned out a little nicer if my spray skills were better at the time). I did my Stratus's tails when I had it at the body shop getting the trunk lock shaved and spoiler painted - they brought the tails into the paint booth and sprayed them with clear coat. They turned out beautifully, and if I do the tails on my Lancer I'll pay the extra money to have a shop clear them.

I looked through all my pics, and this is about the best close-up I can find of the tinted & cleared tails on my Stratus:
Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:14 PM
Account Disabled

^ Thanks! I still think I am going to stick with the headlight armor. Less prep work, and easier to maintain and remove!

Good stuff!

Scott
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by cbenite1
is the tint easily scratched? if something were to drag acoss the surface would it come off, and another coat have to be added? also how many cans and coats would be needed? is there any level of tint that would be considered illegal?
1 can should do it and i wouldnt make it to dark i did mine with like 1 1/2 coats with no problems from the police iv seen ppl get pulled over for the tint to dark. as for the straching its not really easy to strach unless someone purposly tryed to.
ill post pic's of mine later in daylight ill retake them
Old Sep 26, 2008, 09:47 PM

Hey I just bought a can of Nite-shade (had to go to 4 different places to find it). I just have a dumb question but did you spray the inside or the outside of tail light units? And if its on the outside, has a it dulled or scratched off in time? I ask this cause I was thinking of spraying on some clear coat after so it doesnt look dull.

Last edited by Hawnz22; Sep 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:21 PM

Ok I sprayed on the nite-shade and clear coat. sorry its dirty but Im not going to wash her I heard it might snow today! And the quality isnt the best I just took them with the blackberry.

Last edited by Hawnz22; Oct 10, 2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

is this how i can 'smoke' my head lights as well??

i want to have a clear smokey tint on my headlights but like really light tint
Old Nov 6, 2008, 07:30 AM

Anyone know how to remove the reflectors on the back bumper?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

^ Thanks! I still think I am going to stick with the headlight armor. Less prep work, and easier to maintain and remove!

Good stuff!

Scott
u ever get the headlight armor on nice? i ordered em and no tint shop would put it on me for cuz of legal issues..i have enuf tickets too so now im considering going yellow on the front, and my tails turned out like ****..reaaaal ****...yours?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 02:04 PM

its tight, but not as good as mine!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DapperDAve123
its tight, but not as good as mine!
u got pics?

Quick Reply: Taillight and headlight corner tinting!