Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Random/not random ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Random/not random ?

Hi there.
*into*Well, in my life I had at least 10 different radio's/mp3/cd player etc..
When you put it a Random, and press next song, it goes randomly to another track, like the random title imply.

Now my question is, why when I put it at random in my lancer and press next, it doesn't random ? But simply goes to the next track ? If I let the track finish it will work. But still not manually.

To be honest it's a small thing but really annoying in my opinion.
Somebody know how to fix it ?

Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I noticed this too. I just let it go to the end of the song. Another thing I noticed is that at the end of a CD (if you have the Sun and Sound package) it goes to the next CD instead of starting the CD over...again, something small, but annoying.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 02:21 AM

this annoys me a bit too... i havent tested this myself but i don't see why it won't work. if you put all your mp3s in the root folder you can make a sub directory and put a 1 second mp3 in... then all u have to do is turn the right knob to folder 2, and voila instant random :P
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah thanx for the idea, i'll try this ! The button on the wheel won't work but at least the random will héhé.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

**UPDATE**

Well, I found a way to get a change random. Not perfect but well.
When the song start and it's not one you want, you hold up the rewind key on the wheel (didn't tryed on the headunit but should work too) until the time meter go to 0 and the name disapear, and let it go. (Seems that this way it return to the end of the track before this one so when you release, it make the next song random like if you listened it all the way).
better then nothing héhé
Old Mar 25, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure on the standard head unit, but on the Navi you have to hit random twice. The first time you hit random it will stay within the album. If you hit it again, it will be from all of the stored albums. This is of course using the music server.