Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

evo license plate holder?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2007, 03:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo license plate holder?

Does any one have a how to on how to install the evo license plate sold on ebay?

i recieved mine but idk how to install. People say they used velcro but i have no idea on how they did that.

anyone from jersey who has done this mod before?

any help would be awesome thanks
Old Dec 3, 2007, 03:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Couldn't hurt to PM evo_soul - I know he has one on his car. He can probably give you some tips. I'd assume that you either drill a few holes or use something like the velcro idea.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:22 PM
Account Disabled

cause their is no perfectly flat surface that the velcro could adhere well. Thanks for the idea i didn't even think of that one. He is now the official seller for the custom plate now as well.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 08:03 PM

I really hope you drill holes because the idea of using velcro there is scary. Actually, it might hold just fine from the wind but it would be easy to steal.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
rav

I used velcro for mine (bought from homedepo; called extreme velcro or something//industrial strength). It has been really really windy for the past few days and plate is still there! I wouldn't underestimate the velcro. Just make sure you get the one that has big "teeth" on it and it's the industrial strength type version and not the one from staples :P.

What I did for the velcro:
1) Cut out strips of vinyl and placed it in the area I was going to put the velcro pads. (Vinyl I had leftover from doing the front bumper.)
2) After that dries, put the strips of velcro teeth side on the car and smooth side behind plate. I used 3 strips vertically; it comes with 5.
3) Plate on car and once you get it on there just move it around a little in different directions so it's firmly positioned. I also got a 2 dollar plastic black frame to cover the plate, looks better imho then just the plate alone.

**I'm not sure about the design of the plate frame that's sold on ebay. What I mean is that you might not have the flat surface behind the plate to put the velcro, but I'm not sure on the design of the frame. If you only have like edges to put the velcro on, I suggest drilling. But if the whole back of the frame is flat from top to bottom, can't go wrong with velcro.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by rav
I used velcro for mine (bought from homedepo; called extreme velcro or something//industrial strength). It has been really really windy for the past few days and plate is still there! I wouldn't underestimate the velcro. Just make sure you get the one that has big "teeth" on it and it's the industrial strength type version and not the one from staples :P.

What I did for the velcro:
1) Cut out strips of vinyl and placed it in the area I was going to put the velcro pads. (Vinyl I had leftover from doing the front bumper.)
2) After that dries, put the strips of velcro teeth side on the car and smooth side behind plate. I used 3 strips vertically; it comes with 5.
3) Plate on car and once you get it on there just move it around a little in different directions so it's firmly positioned. I also got a 2 dollar plastic black frame to cover the plate, looks better imho then just the plate alone.

**I'm not sure about the design of the plate frame that's sold on ebay. What I mean is that you might not have the flat surface behind the plate to put the velcro, but I'm not sure on the design of the frame. If you only have like edges to put the velcro on, I suggest drilling. But if the whole back of the frame is flat from top to bottom, can't go wrong with velcro.
Yeah imma have to drill cause their not enough flat surface on the holder. I will take pictures of before and after. I think tomorrow i will be doing the install.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

installed it today.

Enjoy the pics was majorly easy to install

o and btw i drilled holes no damn velcro

Old Dec 5, 2007, 03:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

imo i dont like how u see the holes on the front bumper from the original sport of the plates.....
Old Dec 5, 2007, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

its not a big deal its just 2 lil holes and plus i have hear waiting the vinyl to cover the front bumber im just waiting for the warm weather to kick back in to stick it on and boom no more holes.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 03:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

or u can get an after market bumper LOL naw i think the vinyl will work fine...
Old Dec 5, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good job, and nice headlights. Did you have to bend the plate at all? (im assuming you did). And what kind of headlights and fogs are those?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:05 AM
Account Disabled

I use my own hid products i sell for a good friend of mine on both my low beems and fog beems. I love them.

And i didn't have to bend the plate at all. its a perfect snug fit. i LOVE IT!
Old Dec 11, 2007, 03:52 PM

Bumper tip

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
its not a big deal its just 2 lil holes and plus i have hear waiting the vinyl to cover the front bumber im just waiting for the warm weather to kick back in to stick it on and boom no more holes.
quick tip, when you get your vinyl overlay be sure to cover the holes before you lay the vinyl, when it gets got you will be able to see the holes through the overlay because the heat causes the vinyl to mold to bumper. you can see my bumper on my signature.