Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

how to install toggel switches

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to install toggel switches

Hey .. How do i remove those little blank casings to the left of the steering wheel. i want to install these toggle switches .. ?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

I would say just take a flat head screwdriver and just pry them off. Or you could just push them back and it should pop back and out. Try those methods and if they don't work i'll try to think of something else lol.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

They look like they're just lightly glued in there, they should pop off if you hit them with the handle of a screwdriver or something. I havent taken mine off for any reason though, so im not 100% sure.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:08 PM

ok i figured it out .. they're bolted on ... there are two screws you gatta remove .. its under the steering wheel . the rest are clips.. just pull them twards you and its out .. very simple .. then there are three screws (philip) holding on the blank casings. and there you go ...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:49 PM

what are you putting in?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:54 PM

im actually trying to put in some LED's on like the floor and cup holders and some other places. Im having trouble finding a way to run the wires to my battery from the inside. Anyone know where they can run by the pedals or anything along those lines?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:16 PM

to get wire from inside to battery

Originally Posted by tripod
im actually trying to put in some LED's on like the floor and cup holders and some other places. Im having trouble finding a way to run the wires to my battery from the inside. Anyone know where they can run by the pedals or anything along those lines?

I'm wiring a system into my 08 Lancer and have found a somewhat easy way to run wires from inside to battery. When you open driver-side door and look towards fender from inside you'll see a plastic piece with about 3 or 4 plastic push screws. If you remove a few and move plastic back its a str8 shot right through fender and will get you within inches of battery. But to get wires into the car you'll either have to remove fender to get to a hole to the inside or you can make a small cut into the rubber that runs the wires from door to interior which will end up right next to you pedals. Hope that helps
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

You can also wire your LED's to the cigarette lighter in the center console. That's what I did. It is really easy to get too also. I put my toggle switch in the center console by the armrest though, I would still think it would be easy to wire the toggle to the steering column from the cigarette lighter though. It might save you some time.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:10 AM

If you plan on taking off those blank buttons but still using them for toggle switches you'll have to gut them first. I just did this over the weekend and even though they are blank buttons they still have two wire plugs plugged into the back.

So first off you'll need a dremel to gut all the extra plastic that would hold the plugs in place then drill your hole.
Attached Thumbnails how to install toggel switches-after.jpg